The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Browning some short ribs for a stew for dinner, soaking sticky rice, and frying some muu thawt (Thai chicharrones)

Steaming some sticky rice

Slow roasted the short ribs

Had some whiskey and the muu thawt

Dipped in this

Making paste with the San Marzano types from my garden

Dried black limes and black cardamom seeds go into the stew with the paste make for depth of flavor.

Yummy stew.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Prepping Thai sour pork ribs. Ready in about s week.

Lots of salt and a paste made of white pepper and garlic cloves along with some sticky rice and palm sugar. Packed in a freezer bag (used multiple times for other stuff )for about a week. Then I'll fry them and eat with herbs chilis and beer.

No Focus Pocus

renfield

Does the wife get nervous about eating meat that was left out at room temperature for a week? I think this dish would meet resistance in my household. I really want to mess around with this type of thing though.

Seriously man you've really inspired me to branch outside of my comfort zone cooking wise, really enjoying it. Big ups.

RAGER

Oh no. Those will be in the fridge for a week. There is a type of sausage that I'll do that is counter fermented but the ambient temp has to be warmer.

Thanks man. That means a lot. It's. So much fun. Simple good fun.
No Focus Pocus

socket

Fake "Chik'n" patties on Thomas's English Muffin with Provolone cheese, mayo, and baby spinach.

Pretty fucking good. Fuck you.

BK should do a BK Impossible (elongated) Chicken Sandwich. It would be way better than the Impossible Whopper (which kinda sucks - get a premium Impossible burger at a real burger place instead, those are great). Fake chicken is far superior to fake beef.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

Muffin Man

Muffin Man approves (the muffin. won't touch the impossible stuff)

Muffin Man

Quote from: RAGER on October 09, 2019, 12:42:26 PM
Browning some short ribs for a stew for dinner, soaking sticky rice, and frying some muu thawt (Thai chicharrones)

Steaming some sticky rice

Slow roasted the short ribs

Had some whiskey and the muu thawt

Dipped in this

Making paste with the San Marzano types from my garden

Dried black limes and black cardamom seeds go into the stew with the paste make for depth of flavor.

Yummy stew.

GADZOOKS!  :o 8)

RAGER

I've got a bunch of cilantro from Ventura county. It's got the nice long stems like I like. It's very artsy.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Let me get a few sprigs.. im making a pico tonight.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

RAGER

Beef, fish or pork. Corn or flour?  Soft or crunchy cracker ass type? Cabbage or lettuce? Guacamole? Cheese?  What kind.?
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

I think I'm developing a corn allergy. It seems to bother my stomach. So I bought flour tortillas last week. I was sad. :(
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

Yeah but it's still a taco. It's like sex. Even if it's bad it's still kinda good.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Quote from: RAGER on October 13, 2019, 06:14:36 PM
Beef, fish or pork. Corn or flour?  Soft or crunchy cracker ass type? Cabbage or lettuce? Guacamole? Cheese?  What kind.?
beef with flour soft shells and crunchy corn shell options. Pico made of tomato onion jalapeno cilantro lime and salt and pepper. Refried beans and shredded cheddar cheese. Hot sauce and sour cream for topping it off. Keep your opinions on the sour cream to yourself. I know its frowned upon by some people.

Lumpy

Crema is hard to find in some places, and when you do, it's kind of expensive. I think regular sour cream is okay substitute. There's only so much room on a taco so I don't use it, also sour cream tends to spoil before I can use it all up and I hate that, so I rarely buy it.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

renfield

I usually keep it simple, meat + onion/cilantro + cheese + some hot sauce. Pico de gallo is cool but not required. Might get a little crazier if it's fish

Lumpy

Quote from: RAGER on October 14, 2019, 12:15:11 PM
Sour cream goes bad?

Heck yeah.

I find cheese to be optional on tacos. Usually there is enough excitement already happening.

renfield

Agreed. I wouldn't put cheese on al pastor or fish tacos

RAGER

My go to tacos are carnitas, corn tortillas, onions, cilantro, and a roasted salsa molcajete.
No Focus Pocus