The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Muffin Man

Quote from: RAGER on October 14, 2019, 08:28:42 PM
My go to tacos are carnitas, corn tortillas, onions, cilantro, and a roasted salsa molcajete.

Me too with cabbage, the one I used to get at the Oaxacan taqueria. e horchata. Barbacoa too, 1st or 2nd.
Chorizo on standby. Always liked a 1/2 n 1/2 chicken and chorizo burrito, not mixed, one end each.

mortlock

RAGER

Had to send away for these.

Kaffir limes
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Dont be dangling kaffir limes in my face without telling me why these are so special that they need to be mail ordered.

RAGER

Th yer integral in Thai cooking. Along with the leaves but used differently. The flavor and aroma is really something else. I'm positive you had them at some point when you were in SE Asia.

I have grown dependent upon them much like fresh bay.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

When the hell was i in se asia? Im pretty sure i would have remembered that.

RAGER

Shit sorry. Sometimes I glance at your avatar and think it's Lumpy.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

How dare you.

Having said that, lumpy rules so ill take it as a compliment.

Muffin Man

Red Snapper in Thai Garlic and Basil Sauce over Braised Baby Bok Choi* and Mushroom. Served with French Baguette. My tastiest dish so far this month! ( sauce spiked with Chinese Black Bean and Prickly Ash Red Flakes Oil)

* Crushed ala RAGER

RAGER

Now you're sticking with a theme. Might've subbed rice for the bread though. Sounds delicious.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Gettin a braise goin. Gonna be Korean tacos tonight.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Mushroom Cheeseburger Peri-Peri Rub with Touch 'O Heat BBQ Sauce

(loads of mushrooms under Port Salut) (no buns had to use toast)

neighbor664

RAGER

Seems like a solid recipe. No garlic but hey lots of onions do that's good. Who's Felice?
No Focus Pocus

renfield

neighbor664

One half of the husband and wife Bryant Nashville songwriting team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAGER

Braised beef and taters. Toasted coriander, cumin, and fennel seeds ground and mixed with hot oil and then folded into the taters with som course sea salt.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Went to Bigs Chicken today. Dude owns as few joints around town including one of my favorite sandwich places I've posted about. This is the second chicken joint. God damn good. Portland is chicken fucking Koo Koo at the moment. Really impressed.

We got the Bigs family meal cuz we wanted leftovers. We'll be eating this for days. Big salad, mashed taters and gravy and dirty rice. Sorry no Thai recipes this week. $33 I think. This shit would cost $60 at other places.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Bangin' value^. Real tasty appearance.

------

Amazoo has the (silver) Cuisinart 14cup on deal-of-the-day at $99. Will be here tomorrow. It was America's Test Kitchen #1, so I'm told. #2 was the breville for $350+. Not quite the big boy you you mentioned RAGER but, hey, should be the right tool for now. :D

https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DFP-14BCNY-Processor-Brushed-Stainless/dp/B01AXM4WV2

mortlock

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

Quote from: Muffin Man on October 30, 2019, 09:48:26 PM
Bangin' value^. Real tasty appearance.

------

Amazoo has the (silver) Cuisinart 14cup on deal-of-the-day at $99. Will be here tomorrow. It was America's Test Kitchen #1, so I'm told. #2 was the breville for $350+. Not quite the big boy you you mentioned RAGER but, hey, should be the right tool for now. :D

https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DFP-14BCNY-Processor-Brushed-Stainless/dp/B01AXM4WV2

Probably a good choice but some of the high dollar stuff has a much longer warranty.
No Focus Pocus