The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Looks like it's a privately owned chain. Not a franchise
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Just steal some of their food ideas and maybe get somebody to ship you green chilis. You can do like a Kuma's Burgers thing, call it Mortlock's Heavy Metal Burrito Warehouse. Something like that. I'm still working on the name.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

I'll work on the recipe for Fukn Harsh Nachoz!
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

They don't have that at the local Asian supermarket?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

I haven't seen the peppercorns anywhere and I was after a specific brand of soy sauce and fish sauce. Also that's a tamarind chopping block.
No Focus Pocus

renfield

Muffin Man

Bank, money, dough. From a jar setting on the countertop, renewing the spunk of the sourdough it werkin'.

RAGER

Quote from: renfield on November 21, 2019, 11:17:31 PM
Did you break up with red boat?

Not at all. Just trying something different. A brand recommended by someone. I'd also like to try a Korean type.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Quote from: Muffin Man on November 22, 2019, 03:32:52 AM
Bank, money, dough. From a jar setting on the countertop, renewing the spunk of the sourdough it werkin'.

Is that buckwheat flour?
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

TL:DR Yes,

Bob's buckwheat but less and less of it - pic is I'm diluting it back with/to unbleached white. Made with tap water and the bubbles kick up. The batch on the countertop now was started with the pic batch, but made with distilled water -  very little bubble action. Twice now distilled seems to temper the action. But the strain is getting back to (I think), strength. It's more sour.

The starter is going on 70yrs so I must take care of it. I'll make a cast iron/dutch oven loaf but first flapjacks (buckwheat).

Muffin Man

Costco organic Turkey's are $2.99/lb. $45-60 a pop/ But they have two kinds. I got a roasting pan - caphalon non sitck ($20) but no turkey. Might do a beef roast, lamb, but if Turkey - Tom or Hen?

renfield

Fermented red jalapeno hot sauce. Dehydrating the skin and seeds for god knows what kind of seasoning.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Used leftover squid for dinner last night. Hot sour and spicy jok.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Cuisinart. Got a great big All Clad one too.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I'm just not buying in to the "one pot cook it all" scheme. Rarely use my crockpot.  About as useful as a sous vide.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

I'm catching on. Trying to take the easy way out with the one-pot probably a fools errand.

ps. the Cuisinart food prep cheaply made - stuff gets trapped between blade and top. Now saving for that Robot-Coupe*.

I've been buying cheap crap from costco. Countertop quartz oven? crap. Non-stick roasting pan? (did not open but) crap. Both returnable even though I try to never return stuff.

*still learning/can confirm the lesson that a cheap tool is more often than not, a pita.

RAGER

Don't get a Robot coupe unless you're doing some serious shit. A Vitamix and a kitchenaid should do it.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

live by the fancy kitchen gear, die by the fancy kitchen gear.

i keep things simple out of ignorance mostly, but i use it as an advantage. less is more.

Muffin Man