The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Last night for dinner I made bucatini con salsa salsiccia alla arrabiata.

This morning I prepped shuba but with chicken. So instead of "herring under a fur coat it's "chicken under a fur coat" or chuba ????

I bought some vereniki and pelmeni when I was last at Kachka Lavka. So we'll have that too. Ukraine dinner. No pisdec!

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Original Loaf 1 - sourdough, fig, rosemary

IMG-4379" border="0
IMG-4391" border="0

RAGER

Right on dude. How's it taste. Looks like you got some aeration.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Yes glad I got some. 3 Yums up. Gave up on that dough after folding it 20-50 times, puddle kept getting runnier almost pourable, like honey!- could never get any stretch. I shall acquire kitchen scale instead of eyeballing.  Made three satisfying meals for funions

Loaf 2; Anchovy, Red Flakes in Salted Buckwheat Sourdough painted in Coconut oil. Charred finish, Olive oil side

IMG-4399" border="0

IMG-4406" border="0

IMG-4370" border="0

Loaf 3 Banana with butter side
IMG-4380" border="0

RAGER

You got bread for days man.

Found a pretty good Szechuan place. Strip mall of course. They usually are.

Shrimp and tofu hotpot with wood ear mushrooms.

Beef in spicy gravy.

Wonton in chili oil.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Made nam prik makheua (spicy grilled eggplant dip) for lunch this morning along with some pan roasted spicy peanuts.

Roasted chicken will be dipped in the sauce

Roasted that chicken with coriander seed cumin seed and white pepper.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Last night was kaeng pa or jungle curry. The meat was pork so it would be kaeng pa mu. Fukn killer and Thai spicy. Whooo!

The holy basil really stands out.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

my plan for new years eve is to go to my local bar and grill and have a few drinks and grab some take out.
im going to get the angus beef 1/2 lb bacon bleu burger. crumbly on top creamy on the side. they make their own homemade bleu cheese. it so fucking good. especially for dipping fries into. if im not too hammered by the time i eat it ill try and remember to get a pic.

RAGER

Went to Lardo yesterday.

Hot fried chicken sandwich and dirty fries.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

got way too hammered and failed to get a pic.

RAGER

Laap muu again with veggies but this time I made nam prik kung. It's a nam prik but with shrimp. Few ways to do it. You can slow roast almost dry whole shrimp in the oven or you can quickly cook peeled shrimp or use dried whole shrimp. Either way y pound them with the other ingredients to make the nam prik. I use dried whole shrimp and further pan roasted then put in spice grinder briefly so as to keep it kinda chunky. Then pounded it with the rest. Made nice chunky nam prik.

There's another kind I wanna try called nam prik kapi. Way too funky to take to work. It calls for kapi which is shrimp paste that you spastic for a few minutes. Maybe on my days off.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

"clubhouse special" -  cast iron Veal piccata, pesto garlic butter potato, pickled asparagus, whisky soda

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

RAGER

My wife won't eat veal so I haven't made any in a while. It's even hard for me to sell a lamb dish in the house. Fucking forget about goat. Haven't had tacos de chivo in years.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Lunch made and cooling to packed up for today. Gonna be good.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Stuffed lemongrass stalks, jinhua ham, peas and rice, and a condiment of pickled lemongrass and shallots.

No Focus Pocus

renfield

Third attempt at the funky korean cabbage. This time I added buchu, water dropwort, saeujeot, and an asian pear. Gonna let this shit get extra ripe.

RAGER

Looks like a proper kimchi. The shrimp should do what the lack of fish sauce would do unless you added fish sauce too.
No Focus Pocus

renfield

Both fish sauce and shrimp, a la Maangchi.

RAGER

Naam phrik khaa

Puya chilis garlic galangal salt lemongrass and just a bit of fish sauce all pounded together in my Thai granite mortar. Then over low heat for about 45-1 hour you slowing stir it around and cook off any and all moisture until you have this dehydrated chunky mix. Great on everything including fruit.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Fish sauce ribs and veggie noodle stir fry. Pretty much that lunch thing I posted above a week or so ago. Def a keeper. Thai Chinese fusion.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Vacation mis en place. Yes that's a stiff ass rum drink.

No Focus Pocus

renfield