The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muffin Man

Quote from: RAGER on May 07, 2020, 10:55:16 AM
Smoked kielbasa topped deviled eggs. There's a little pickled shallots on there too.

The intrigue factor is 5
Puke Factor 8
The want to try 2
Why did he do that 9
Reflex of Regurgitation 7
Acid Stomach 8
Bleeding Bowels 3
Would Never 7

Lumpy

It seems like a clash of textures.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

They were so good. I kinda patterned them after Smokehouse Taverns. I didn't try very hard. The pickled cabbage was an afterthought and leftover from something else. They use a house made smoked red hot. I slice and smoked a kielbasa. It's simple but delicious.

This is theirs.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Lumpy

They can't all be home runs. The way you explained it, it's making more sense.

The smoked sausage with hard boiled egg is kinda like Scotch Eggs. I've made those a couple times, they're kind of gross, but good.

RAGER

It's eggs and sausage. Name a better duo ????
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Pizza and beer? Pussy and weed? Chico and The Man?

mortlock

Spaghetti and meatballs
Bacon and eggs
Cheese and burgers
Garbage and plates
Roast beast and brown gravy

neighbor664

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muffin Man

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

sleestak

Killing threads is my business and business is good.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

sleestak

I didn't grow the berries but yeah.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

neighbor664

Quote from: Muffin Man on May 09, 2020, 11:44:06 PM
Legit. Reminds me of a diner.

Probably the ugly orange plates and surly staff.

RAGER

I can't even be arsed to make a cheesecake.

But one thing I do know about cheesecake making is that they are best when cured for about a week or so.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Rager my gf needs a lesson in cooking rice. Hers is always clumpy.

RAGER

I pretty much only cook two types. Thai sticky rice or Thai jasmine. I suggest using the latter.

Many recipes say 2:1 ratio but I hold back a little on the water maybe as much as a quarter cup. I also rinse the rice first, add salt to the water with the rice bring to a boil put a lid on, set your timer for 18 min. and bring it down to a low simmer. It's gonna want to spit and stuff so you have to pull it off when it does until it settles down.

30 seconds before the timer goes off turn the heat up high. This dries off the bottom. Pull off the heat after the timer goes and let it sit and steam for about 10 min or so. This is a good time to assemble and plate the rest of the meal.

Pull the lid off and fluff it with a WET wooden spoon. I usually pack it in a little round bowl and then invert it onto a plate so it looks nice.

Long grain white will work too I'm sure.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Mortlock be ghostin me on the rice lesson. Evs.

As a guy that just normally wings it I've never really used a digital thermometer outside the professional kitchen. I finally bought a Thermapen. I haven't been spending any money really so what's a hundred bucks.

No Focus Pocus

renfield

I once failed a job interview for a cooking gig because I couldn't tell them the correct temperature for poultry. I said "The correct temperature is the temperature when the juices run clear"

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

To help keep your rice from sticking, rinse it a few times. That gets rid of extra starch. Even if the type of rice is naturally sticky, it will help. You'll see how cloudy the water gets, that's starch that make the rice sticky. If you don't want any stickiness at all, get parboiled rice. I would rather have at least a little stickiness. Parboiled rice is not my favorite (each grain is individual). Maybe it's good for certain types of food like middle eastern?

RAGER

I mentioned the rinsing part.

Perfect fluffy jasmine rice using the RAGER method.

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy