The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muffin Man

None chopped that I remember, but yeah, the broth was advertised as such and delightful indeed. It's dinner time else I'd make a call to the restaurant. I'll follow up.

RAGER

Cool. Not a huge fan of the over used peanut thing. Although I love the Thai peanuts as as a drinking snack though.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Made roast chicken with aji verde, tots, charred Brussels sprouts, and whole wheat tortillas.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Sooo green. Can you recommend a good blender? Also, Sacred Sea is in stock - should I nab a case at $5.50/can? Thx.

edit. Papypal trying to force me to create an account with PP to purchase with card, not going to happen, but I emailed the skipper to see if there's another way.

RAGER

I have been thinking about a new blender of sorts. One with the blade and lid all attached to the carafe. Like those upside down ones.  Like the smaller size. I gave a nice Cuisinart. I gave Cuisinart everything though.

Sacred Sea is so good and sustainable. Little to no mercury because of what and when.

You don't like PP?  They prolly don't have a card reader thing. He's an affable guy so ya never know.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Lumpy

I QUESTION THE CRISPNESS OF YOUR TOTS SIR

Not really.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mortlock

Quote from: Lumpy on September 16, 2020, 06:54:12 PM
I QUESTION THE CRISPNESS OF YOUR TOTS SIR

Not really.
in all seriousness they could have stayed in longer. good eye.

RAGER

They were perfect I assure you.  Too dark on the outside results in dry on the inside.  But why are we talking about the tots?  The chicken and the aji are where it's at.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Brings back fond memories of roast 1/2 chicken and as much aji as I could swindle from the drive-up window. They always sold out.

renfield

beautiful aji. you use a fuckton of cilantro in that?

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Do not under estimate the importance of a side of tots.

mortlock

Picked up a few specality items. Already got into the limburger. Goes great with crusty bread and onions.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

If I may

A pale yellow, mature, farmhouse cheddar with a smooth texture and an occasional crystal crunch. This exceptional Dorset cheese has a perfectly mature, sweet, nutty flavour. 200g per piece.

Black Cow Deluxe Cheddar, originating from West Dorset, England, is a unique cheese made from the same milk that is used to make Black Cow Pure Milk Vodka! The cheese is a pale yellow, mature, farmhouse cheddar encapsulated in a layer of black wax. The smooth texture and occasional crystal crunch give way to the perfectly mature, sweet, nutty flavour of this exceptional Dorset cheese. The Black Cow cheese and Black Cow vodka complement one another beautifully, and make an exceptional gift idea.

mortlock

RAGER

Must be aged quite long. Possibly 5 years maybe for the lactic crystals to form. Could be as little as three.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

You're welcome, I had to look that one up - I haven't had that label but it looks like the kind I like to drop chunks of into hot soup, possibly a tomato soup, hot enough so it turns globular.

RAGER

Nice choice Mort. What size truckle you get?
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

I ate so many liverwurst sandwiches as a kid. Open face, liverwurst and tomato slice on black pumpernickel  was my favorite. I don't think I could hack it now.

That cheddar cheese looks amazing. I might be afraid of the limburger. Trying to eat less cheese now, to make the docs happy.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

I do that about two months before I go in then it's back to my antics. Dammit.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Appetizer of leftover NY Strip horseradish

Muffin Man

Experimental Appetizer of pork loin served cold with seaweed salt and capers.

I discovered seaweed salt - tastes like salt! but with added umami element. Works well here withthout overpowering the capers. Dish works well served cold. (remnants of "bechamel" sauce in the leftover)

mortlock

Quote from: RAGER on September 18, 2020, 06:18:24 PM
Nice choice Mort. What size truckle you get?
its about the size of a hockey puck but a little thicker.