The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

The 200g truckle I think.  I'm gonna have to find some and try it.  My cheese shop probably has it time to time.

You know what I just did for the first time unbelievably?  I poached an egg in the microwave.  And it turned out pretty damn good.  Heard of it.  Ran across vids of it.  Never tried it until now.  A couple more times and I can get it perfect.  About a half cup of water into a diner type coffee mug.  Not too big diameter or the whites will scatter and not be compact.  Crack the egg in, cover with a small saucer and nuke for anywhere from 30-60 seconds.  45 might be the sweet spot.   I usually do everything the hard way but now I buy peeled garlic and microwave poached eggs.  I'm getting old and lazy.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Ive nuked eggs before. Scramble it, throw the bowl in the microwave and boom. But id much rather do a real scramble or fried egg.

RAGER

For sure but the poached thing in like two min start to finish is pretty appealing.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

I microwave eggs all thr time too. Spray some oil in a small covered dish, gotta make sure the eggs (2 for an egg & cheese sandwich) are well beaten, otherwise they blow the lid off the dish. 1 minute, turn and 1 more minute (my microwave is 25 years old).
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

That's almost more work than a hot pan.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

1/2 successful Coddled Eggs (in cream and smoked salmon) plated over roquefort garnished tater nickles. Served with a 1/2 portion of jalenpeno kielbasa. Eh, overdone and took forever (thanks oven, not)

mortlock

RAGER

That is essentially oeufs en cocotte which I love and just to today happen to have everything to make it. My rendition tomorrow
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Charcuterie plate, pate, steak tartare?

Muffin Man

Quote from: RAGER on September 19, 2020, 07:29:04 PM
That is essentially oeufs en cocotte which I love and just to today happen to have everything to make it. My rendition tomorrow

Aha! Well that'll be cool. I had to look up the thing.

Caviar! some day:

"Des oeufs cocotte aux oeufs de poissons"

Lumpy

Quote from: RAGER on September 19, 2020, 05:02:43 PM
That's almost more work than a hot pan.

But you don't have to watch it in the microwave like on the stove. You can make breakfast while getting dressed etc.

RAGER

Quote from: Muffin Man on September 19, 2020, 09:55:36 PM
Charcuterie plate, pate, steak tartare?

No. Tuna noodle casserole

Dry rubbed baby backs

Pot of split pea and ham
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Isn't that a lovely split pea

Here we have umami heaven. Godlike. edit. er, this bottle isn't as good as the last one.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Indeed, 100% 80%

RAGER

Had to re-up On the crispy garlic and shallots.

Did some grilling too. Smoked some pork but didn't get pics sorry.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Good lookin' birds

I think I'll just leave this here (not mine) just yet. soon

RAGER

I DID make ouef en cocotte When I said. Forgot to
Post it. Dammit.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Although a very sad day yesterday I did some cooking and a lot of drinking.

Cheers Ed. You changed my life.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Something about Rager's animated pics are bogging my computer down. I gotta jump past them.

RAGER

Is it because they're linked from imgur?
No Focus Pocus