The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

I dunno. This never happened before, and I'm not sure what's wrong. You've had animated clips before and no problem, maybe there are more on this page than before, or larger size. No biggie, carry on.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

renfield

They never show up on mine, I have to

• Realize from context that there is a missing image/video
  • Quote him to see the hidden text
  • Cut and paste the mp4 link into a new tab

It's no problem, I live for that kinda shit

Muffin Man

Beer can chicken over basmati with ghee. I used a can of that Dogfish Sour. Shallots gravy

RAGER

Right on. I remember there being a heated discussion regarding cooking chicken with an aluminum can stuffed up its bum.

I cooked something normal last night. Linguini with house made Italian fennel sausage. Tomatoes from the garden. I cooked that shit low and slow all day Sunday gravy style.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

mortlock

Im questioning the bread selection. 4 of 5 stars.

Lumpy

The bread looks a bit overdone, but the Judges say they will allow it.

RAGER

It's a CAMPAGNOLO which has rye so it's a bit dark already.  But my wife usually burns the first batch. I was probably like " how's that bread comin sous?"  She's like oh shit, done chef! 
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

I NEVER have a problem with bread like that because I drizzle oil all over it. Heavily. It's my favorite way to nibble bread.

Lumpy

That's how you got your superhero persona THE NIBBLER

mortlock

Rye and tomato sauce do not go together. My italian mother would not approve. If she was still alive id show her that and shed probably register an account just to bitch you out.

RAGER

Lol. It wasn't too bad with all that garlic and butter. And besides when I say stuff like "rye doesn't go with tomatoes" I get the eye roll so I gotta save it for when I need it.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Quote from: mortlock on October 17, 2020, 09:14:41 AM
Rye and tomato sauce do not go together. My italian mother would not approve. If she was still alive id show her that and shed probably register an account just to bitch you out.

serioulsy?

mortlock

My mother was an amazing cook. Pro level in every aspect. As a kid i really didnt know how good i had it. I just assumed everyones moms could cook. Obvioulsy not the case.

Muffin Man

Quote from: Lumpy on October 17, 2020, 01:42:15 AM
That's how you got your superhero persona THE NIBBLER

I always read your posts, ,   moar nibblin'

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

I wonder what a spoonful of that would do to a bowl of pho? Also, it kinda looks like peanut butter.

RAGER

It'd be great and more towards a bun bo hue. I'd fry it in coconut oils for a couple to tone down the raw shallot flavor.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Most excellent. After I get back to HQ I have a packet of red powder from H-Mart I'd like to ask you about.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Thank you, Chef Rager!

Well, ingredient is just red pepper, not as interesting as I thought. But I'll start making a list of other questions.

I still have that whole pickled cabbage, if you recall it from before. I'm working up the courage to open it. It's in the back of the refer or I'd take a picture.

RAGER

Looks fine ground. That's the stuff I use for kimchi along with several other things.

If you've got Ground cumin, Ground coriander, White pepper and turmeric you're in curry territory. You probably don't have galangal or makrut lime but you can use regular lime zest. Now just add some salt and fish sauce and you damn near have a Thai red curry.  Nothing replaces galangal but you can try without it. 

I might just try it like that to see if it comes somewhat close.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

I'll stock up on all that, the dried stuff anyway. I have 1lb of ground cumin enroute. Def need some white pepper - I've never worked with it, maybe once.

The red pepper is indeed headed for Kimchi!

Thanks for the recipe. Oh, I have a 1lb of curry powder!
photo form iherb