The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muffin Man

Fried Dace in salted black bean over brown rice. Oily salty goodness, bones and all. Bought a can on a whim, it's maybe an acquired taste but pretty dang good! Served with chilled buttermilk.

http://www.tastyislandhawaii.com/images/fried_dace_eng_front5.jpg

mortlock

mortlock

RAGER..what is this? We aquired this and have no idea what it is.

RAGER

Brassica oleracera.  Or romanesco broccoli. Cooked as you would broccoli.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Fractals! Golden ratio! That wierd "lizzard' eye!

mortlock

mortlock

so fucking pissed today. my gf has one of those stupid fucking plastic egg holders. ive always just used the package the eggs come in. why the fuck do you want to handle eggs filling it up. all that double handling is risk with breakable food.
naturally today i went to get it and because i had just done some dishes and my hands were a little wet, i lost it. 7 out of 12 broke. i fuckin went off. scared my pup a little. i was disproportionally pissed for some reason. slamming shit around. fuck this fuck that everywhere. felt good after. there was some pent up shit there. 2020 sucks ass.

mortlock

RAGER

Why the fuck didn't you just break the rest?  You're slipping.

/punkrock
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

What are those towels at 2:15 ?

edit: Criterion Collection version 2019 en route, so I get the extras. Not into horror genre except B or schlock, like those a lot! But that clip well, Naomi, got me (well 'duh). But seriously, the cinematography looked the part.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

renfield

shallot cranberry relish is done
chicken butterflied and dry brining
bout to get going on the sausage apple stuffing

RAGER

We're having leftovers from TG. turkey, stuffing. Fresh taters, ham and imma start on the gravy in a sec. Deviled eggs and charcuterie are on deck as is French onion dip.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Onions caramelizing for dip.

Always run your yolks through a sieve

Then add potato sausage

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

We talked about making deviled eggs but i fucked that up.
Those look great rager.

Muffin Man

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

He might have one upped you with the slim jim.

mortlock

This guy is the fucking man. Best cooking show and an amazing musician.

RAGER

I'll keep quiet.

Anyhow, I tried twice to get on board with you guys and just use non hoity toity ingredients for a couple things.  First I made onion smash burgers the other night.  Wife was going to the store so instead of using cheddar or pepper jack or something I asked her to get some American single slices.  She comes back with some organic brand and I complained but still used it.

Second, I am going to make oyster dressing and asked her to get saltines.  You know just some Nabisco fucking crackers right?  Nope.  She got some other organic brand goddammit. 

Sorry.  I tried.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

You spoiled her. You need to kick up your hobo food and force her to eat it.

My new food guy does 23 minutes on fried hotdogs. I love this guy.

renfield

I was gifted this for christmas by my better half. Bless her heart, she can't stand the smell of a lot of this stuff but she knows I love it