The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pissy

Ribs wrapped at 2:00 with 1/2 a stick of butter. 

Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

You talkin about Jakes or Dan & Louis?  Neither are technically on Burnside but you're probably talking about Jakes. Both have been in business well over a hundred years.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

omg oh you're right, off-burny. omg It was Jakes, never went there though. If I want bugs its Nawlinsand some sugar side,

Muffin Man

Dan and Louis. was that good? probably I probably got carded, no amex

ps I did got to Jakes one time,

RAGER

I've never been to Dan & Louis believe it or not.

It's been several years since I've been to Jakes. Need to remedy that. Maybe my birthday lunch.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

let's meet up. share a jug. Aywhere on Burnside or off. what a hell-hole.

Muffin Man

edit

Pissy

Just threw a couple of oysters on the smoker.  I plan to put a small dollop of bbq sauce and cocktail sauce on them.  Smoked!  Starting the water boiling in about 10 min. 
Vinyls.   deal.

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.

mortlock

Quote from: Pissy on October 23, 2022, 07:33:15 PM
over night that to me right now. if you dont mind. ill pick up the shipping.

This is what's left over.

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.

Pissy

Whew.. what a day!   It was probably the most beautiful day of the year.  Peak leaf colors and 72° clear as a bell with no wind.  Had fun. 
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Whole thing sounds like it was a blast. What was the occasion? 
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

No real occasion, just fall and oysters and a reason to get together every three months or so.
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

I just learned about Mississippi roast tacos.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Muffin Man

Can't wait to get started. they will go quickly and often here this Winter.

RAGER

It's one of those goofy slow cooker things I'm not really a fan of so I'd probably skip the packaged crap and go for my own seasoning mixes but this is it.

3 pound chuck roast
1 ounce packet of dry ranch seasoning mix
1 ounce packet of dry au jus gravy mix
6 tablespoon unsalted butter
¼ cup water
6 pepperoncini

You just chuck it all in the crockpot then you make an Alabama white sauce. Serve it all in corn tortillas as tacos.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Hmm.  Never heard of that.  I did know that whole valley swath area was pretty unique with their food though.
Vinyls.   deal.

sleestak

Wife does that as an easy party belly filler food but just tosses the entire small jar of pepperonchini in with the liquid.   Served on good hard rolls to soak up the juices. 

Kinda low rent I guess but it's pretty tasty.    Never did the white sauce with it either.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.