Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats - Blood Lust

Started by giantchris, January 19, 2013, 11:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skydogdiesel

man- i dont get it. to me this is shite.  just a lot of hype  and smoke blown up their asses.
grandma always said the money's in dick and fart jokes...

skydogdiesel

to me these dudes have the same hipster appeal that blood ceremony had when they were a fresh band.. i saw BC's second gig openning for bitchwax and honestly i thought the hot chick singer-flautist-keys player was the shit-but that was it.  it's just recycled sabbath riffs .  maybe it's because i cut my hair and stopped wearing back patches on my jean jackets but this retro shit has seriously lost it's appeal.  no soul, no staying power.  i'm out
grandma always said the money's in dick and fart jokes...

frobbert

They were one of the highlights of Roadburn.
bite me

The Bandit

Got the CD in the mail.  First listen - heavier, doomier on some tracks.  Vocals are buried in the mix somewhat.  Not disappointed.

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: The Bandit on May 01, 2013, 09:14:40 AM
Got the CD in the mail.  First listen - heavier, doomier on some tracks.  Vocals are buried in the mix somewhat.  Not disappointed.

Yeah, it's really good.  I like that they went away from the horror movie themes on this one.  It's got more psych flourishes thrown in, and some tracks get more down and doomy.  The opening two tracks are pretty upbeat. I could review the whole thing, I guess, though I feel like I've got more important things to do?
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

The Bandit

Actually there are some riffs that remind me of your old band, Andy.

CanookieWookie

I have to order the sucker still.  I'm falling behind.

GodShifter

I'll get around to listening to this once I finish my Uriah Heep album by album marathon.

The Bandit

Quote from: GodShifter on May 01, 2013, 01:57:41 PM
I'll get around to listening to this once I finish my Uriah Heep album by album marathon.

Still doing those marathons?  Glutton for punishment.  Who's next, Nazareth?

GodShifter

I tried to do Nazareth, but flamed out. I'm willing to give them another shot, though.

GodShifter

Not anytime in the foreseeable future.

But get this, I've done Jethro Tull twice now. Probably next up is The Young Gods (again) ...

Uh, anyway, we now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

The Shocker

Quote from: The Bandit on May 01, 2013, 09:14:40 AM

Songs are a good bit longer on this album, less pop structure.

CanookieWookie

The Bandit

Just adding to my review yesterday evening.  Hurry up and listen to it. I want to know what you think.

CanookieWookie

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: The Bandit on May 01, 2013, 01:28:57 PM
Actually there are some riffs that remind me of your old band, Andy.

Yeah, maybe a little.  The riffs are definitely good.
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

lush-loomer

Quote from: skydogdiesel on April 25, 2013, 09:13:27 PM
to me these dudes have the same hipster appeal that blood ceremony had when they were a fresh band.. i saw BC's second gig openning for bitchwax and honestly i thought the hot chick singer-flautist-keys player was the shit-but that was it.  it's just recycled sabbath riffs .  maybe it's because i cut my hair and stopped wearing back patches on my jean jackets but this retro shit has seriously lost it's appeal.  no soul, no staying power.  i'm out

wow, you're so much better than everyone else. congrats.

giantchris

I like the new album but I think the production is a little too clean.  I kinda like the shitty recording sound on Blood Lust more it added a lot of character to the sound.  The vocals in particular on the new one seem to be pitched a lot lower and just don't seem to have as much power.  It's still a good album though.

markedman72

Quote from: CanookieWookie on January 24, 2013, 11:03:34 AM
While I like it, and have two different cd versions of it, I find Uncle Acid is a lot of hype, and not as "great" as to be believed.  Now with this being said, I still will buy the new one coming out.

Oops!!

The Shocker

Willb, you ever get around to the new one?

CanookieWookie

It is on its way.  I expect it will be here next week. 

The Shocker

CanookieWookie

I think so actually haha.  When I order cd's they take forever to get here.  ATIH would take up to 4 weeks to get here.  Small Stone sometimes the same.

The Shocker

I've sent stuff to Canada and received stuff from there.  Takes longer than getting stuff from anywhere else in the world.