Marnie Stern - The Chronicles of Marnia

Started by frobbert, March 18, 2013, 07:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frobbert

bite me

The Bandit

I,Galactus

Marnie is awesome.  Her records haven't done much for me in the past, but her live shows deliver. 

Mainly because of the Tera Melos / Hella dudes she conscripts.  Also skirts / sundresses.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Lumpy

There was a "Win a date with Marnie Stern" thing on the Village Voice website last year (she had some guidelines...) So she is/was single, and on the hunt.

I've never seen her live, only on Youtube. I can't say that I enjoyed it, although she's obviously good at what she does. I will probably see her perform eventually...
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

MadJohnShaft

I saw the new record is supposed to be more rockin
Some days chickens, some days feathers

sleestak

Killing threads is my business and business is good.

Yupr

Little too noisy for me, but I can see how some people would dig this.

GodShifter

It's different, for sure. In places it sounds like some weird Japanese new wave deal or something. I think it requires some more listens from me.

MadJohnShaft

It is very newwavey I listened to it today, I liked it but wish the guitar was more prominent.

I went and sampled the first two records - which are loud weird art rock with a kickass band. I didn't realize that were that awesome, so I will need to listen to her more.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

thisissomeguy

This album reminds me of King Crimson's 80's stuff.
More intense than playing a game of Battleship with Roger Waters.