Flower Travellin' Band-Satori (1971)

Started by Isabellacat, April 14, 2011, 11:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isabellacat

Hideki is one of the most underrated guitarists i've ever heard. I love everything about this album.

'Satori part 2' and part 3 are my favorite tracks.

CanookieWookie

Made In Japan & Make Up are also great... They are like a Trilogy to me. \m/

Isabellacat

Isabellacat

Eyehatehippies

I really love this album. I got the shirt as well of the album cover, just love it.

I dig Joe's voice, and the guitar work.  For me the first 3 tunes are the best, I like the guitar on Satori pt. 3, but there are no vocals.  I also dig Part 1 and 2, because of the vocals.

A lot of people like Satori pt 4, because it is bluesy, and I get that, but there is plenty of bluesy music from the 70's, I like the uniqueness in the other tracks.  Still a good track though.

I was here, but I disappare.

ColtonBurpo

There is a version of Part 3, entitled "Hiroshima," that has vocals. But I prefer the Satori version more. You can find "Hiroshima" on the Day After the Sabbath blog.

Part 3 is repetitive, but what a picture it paints! Sounds like a doom caravan across Egypt, man!

Isabellacat

Yea I love Joe's voice too. He has awesome range and I love his vocal tone. plus the lyrics he writes is really deep,especially on Satori 2. First time i heard that song it really blew me away. Never heard anything like that before.

I have'nt explored much of the other tracks past parts 1-3 but they're also good. I agree the first 3 songs are the best on the album.Love the guitar solo on part 3 cos it goes from exotic scales to pentatonic and then the breakdown that kinda reminds me of How Many More Times for some reason.

supershit

So fantastic album and so underrated band overall.

CanookieWookie