Roger Waters~ The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking (1984)

Started by Isabellacat, October 27, 2011, 09:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isabellacat

I think this album is a masterpiece and in places very eerie. Way better than Momentary Lapse of Reason and Division Bell.....

Checkout the full album here^^^ ...Anyone else dig?

GodShifter

I've never heard it, actually. But, I did buy it last year on vinyl and need to check it out.

I bought several Waters albums in one swoop, but the only one I've heard is Radio K.A.O.S from waaaay back. I don't remember much about that one other than it wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be. Isn't there one called Amused to Death or something? I apologize, I am a bit hazy this morning and my brain is working on about half speed ....

Isabellacat

Heard this in it's entiretey late last night and will again later on. Gotta say it's a very odd yet awesome album. Probably some of the best stuff Waters' ever done. I love the melodies and the sound effects. Some of it sounds like outtakes from The Wall.

I gotta checkout Radio KAOS too. Cool that you got this on vinyl  Godshifter!

GodShifter

That's cool, Isabella. I'll definitely check this one out this week.

thisissomeguy

The reason Hitchhiking sounds a bit like The Wall is that Roger wrote and demoed material for both albums at the same time during 1978. He presented both sets of demos to the rest of Pink Floyd and they decided they'd rather work on The Wall. Once Roger recorded Hitchhiking as a solo album he took a few songs originally planned for The Wall like Sexual Revolution and worked them into the album.

There's a bit in Dunroamin, Duncarin, Dunlivin that uses the In the Flesh riff as well.
More intense than playing a game of Battleship with Roger Waters.