Blood, Sweat & Tears

Started by MikeyT, February 19, 2012, 09:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeyT

Never was a fan in the old days, but now that it's been about 35 years since I heard them, they sound pretty good !   ;)

Especially this song:

Go Down Gamblin', from BS&T 4.
'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

GodShifter

I love the first one with Al Kooper. I've never heard anything else other than "Spinning Wheel" with DCT.

CanookieWookie

Go Down Gamblin' is about has heavy as it gets with them (from what I have heard) and is an essential song in my books. 

MikeyT

Quote from: GodShifter on February 20, 2012, 09:56:29 AM
I love the first one with Al Kooper. I've never heard anything else other than "Spinning Wheel" with DCT.

You like that song I posted ?

GodShifter

I didn't listen to it yet! I was rushed around yesterday. I'll listen to it today :-[

GodShifter

I like both songs that you and Will posted, Mikey. Yours especially, though.

Looks like I need to look into a bit more of BS&T.

CanookieWookie

Go Down Gamblin' is the best song they have, imo.  A couple of "slower" songs are ok.  I find their albums are filled with alot of filler.

GodShifter

I suspected as much. Never the less, those two tunes are cool.

I seriously doubt I'm going to go digging into their discography very much, but it's cool to know there's a bit more out there than the debut and an overplayed single.

CanookieWookie

If anything, a "best of" would give you everything you need, and probably some songs that would still be considered filler.

muzikaddikt61

First LP is good, then just get the Greatest Hits for anything else. David Clayton Thomas had a greatly inflated sense of his own talents as anything other than a singer.

grimniggzy

Blood, Sweat and NO Tears

MikeyT

I like this one, too.