Whitesnake - Live…In The Heart Of The City

Started by Woody, March 08, 2012, 11:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L. Ron

"I'm gonna slide it in right next to my Withcfinder General albums"

Ha ha!  Great review Woody, I'm gonna have to check this out.  
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do and doing it with the people that you love.

CanookieWookie

I've tried a few times to get into it. Something about it, is just wrong to me.  However I'll have to give it another go again.

GodShifter

It's the same for me, willb. I've owned it for probably 30 years on vinyl, and, as a young kid, was never able to get into it. I don't know what the problem was, but my suspicion (for me) is that it's too much straight blues and not enough hard rock.

The performances are great and all, but the music never resonated with me. But, additionally, I never delved too deeply into the early Whitesnake catalog, so maybe I just didn't know what to expect and was hoping it would be more Deep Purple(ish) as a young kid. (The later stuff like Slide It In and the s/t (87) are more my speed).

Side bar: I listened to it fairly recently, so my feelings still stand.^^

L. Ron

Godshifter, that's cool that you were at least ready and willin' to give the live album another try.
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do and doing it with the people that you love.

Woody

Indeed. He was Readn An' Willing to Come An' Get It out of his giant tape library.

GodShifter

Applauds for the Whitesnake puns!

I'm a bit confused with the info about this album I get from rateyourmusic.com. http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/whitesnake/live____in_the_heart_of_the_city_f1/

As I said, I have the original vinyl pressing from 1980 when I bought it. I believe mine is the Japanese edition, no? It's a single album, but it includes selections from both the 80 and 78 shows. From what I read on rym, the single version is only the 1980 show ... how can that be if I have songs from both shows on mine?

Woody

This dilemma, no doubt, will have us all Walking in the Shadow of the Blues.