Zodiac Mindwarp - Tattooed Beat Messiah (1988)

Started by grimniggzy, August 20, 2012, 10:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frobbert

bite me

grimniggzy

How dare you talk that way about my Sleaze Metal!

GodShifter

Dude, I used to own this album cuz I bought it on CD when it came out. Seems like it was one of the first ones I bought? Yeah, I dunno, maybe.

I remember the tune "Prime Mover" or something like that ... and the songs (or at least one) would start out with some kind of poetry or something ... vague recollections from a foggy brain.

That said, I'd like to hear this again for humor/nostalgia sake.

GodShifter

Hah, it helps if one (me) looked at the track listing you provided  :D

Yeah, it was "Wolfchild Speech" that started out before "Prime Mover". I'm grabbing this. Thanks.

kippled

Yeah, that Wolfchild Speech is the funniest thing on the album.  Defy the logic of alphabets, hell yeah dude.  Has anybody read that "Fucked by Rock" book that he wrote?  Really comes off as a sleazy dumbass, so yeah, its pretty great in it's own way.

frobbert

bite me

Lumpy

I liked it at the time, as an antidote to boring shit like REM and other weak "alternative" stuff that you'd see on MTV. Not living in the UK, I didn't have to be confronted with whatever hype they got, and I could just enjoy it as a fun/funny hard rock record, somewhat in the same vein as The Cult "Electric" and so on. Some filler on this, but I recall about half the songs being good, which is a higher-than-average ratio for commercial rock.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

frobbert

Meh, I was mostly into thrash and hardcore then, and the more experimental/borderline hard rock bands (King's X, Masters of Reality, Jane's Addiction etc..). Prime Mover is an OK tune but it's enough. Overall I think Crazy Horses by The Osmonds and the first Bad News album are better novelty hard rock records (because that's what this is any way you slice it, they were a joke band)
bite me

lftwng4

I've got High Priest of Love and it's pretty terrible.  Novelty act indeed.  It's unfortunate that the vinyl isn't worth anything, 'cause mine was only played a couple of times.  Didn't BoogieMama really like them or something?

Baltar

Haggis was in that band, after he played bass for The Cult and then went on to the 4 Horsemen.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.