Chicago eating and drinking.

Started by Pissy, January 22, 2013, 12:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

Quote from: Pissy on January 28, 2013, 06:13:22 AM
Yeah, I love baseball, but I already looked into it and they're out of town that weekend.   :(

I wonder if they would give you a tour of the stadium? They might... Tell them you're a big Cubs fan ;)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

MF

Oh hey, you're welcome for all of the suggestions.

Adam

I would imagine if the Cubs are out of town than the White Sox should be around. Won't be Wrigley though, which is a special place. Easily my favorite ballpark I have had the chance to visit, which isn't a ton but includes some of the good ones.

Pissy

Quote from: MF on January 30, 2013, 05:00:22 PM
Oh hey, you're welcome for all of the suggestions.

Oh shit. Somehow I missed them.   /spaced.

Thanks man. I'll look into them.
Vinyls.   deal.

Pissy

Well unfortunately this trip isn't going to happen.  Fucking dentist bills.

I thoroughly appreciate the effort though folks.  We'll get up there, I'm sure.  And when we do, these suggestions will be  gold.
Vinyls.   deal.

crissgill

This is so obvious I forgot to mention it.EAT MEXICAN FOOD! Chicago has tons of great Mexican food.Look around on Yelp and pick something.

mortlock

fuck chicago deep dish..ny thin crust is where its at!!

Chovie D

Quote from: mortlock on March 26, 2013, 02:02:14 AM
fuck chicago deep dish..ny thin crust is where its at!!

mega-word. deep dish is a doughy mess...its not even pizza.

Lumpy

Deep dish can be good, lets not go overboard. Supposedly Chicago is the only place they have good ones (and there's only a few places that do it right...)

Deep dish cold for breakfast > regular pizza cold for breakfast.

I haven't lived there for 15 years, but Giordano's spinach/mushroom deep dish was good. That's the one to order, wherever you are (spinach/mushroom). Meat ones are too heavy and gross.

Chovie D

deep dish is more like a wadded up calzone...just a big goey dough ball...only an american would do that to a pizza. >:(

Lumpy

Deep dish is definitely not for purists. It's not supposed to be gooey though. I guess it's a little wetter than a regular slice though.

I personally like a cracker-style crust. Runner-up: thin crust with a little corn meal in there (Two Boots does it like that). Floppy pizza is bad. Deep dish isn't floppy, you can pick it up like a plank.

mortlock

basically deep dish is a calzone that hasnt been folded over..

MadJohnShaft

This information on our deep dish pizza is both ignorant and wrong, what an abomination.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

Demon Lung

In my personal opinion deep dish pizza isn't real pizza. It's more like a meat casserole. Traditional pizza has a thin crust. It's not droopy and has no more than 2 toppings. Even Californians are on some kick where they think salad is a pizza. Some of those foofoo brick oven places do make good pizza though

sleestak

Sorry, wrong.  Deep dish is good.  Who complains about pizza?  Don't order it!
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

Jor el

Seems some of you are confusing pizza with quiche.
What Would Scooby Do ?

Demon Lung

I'm not saying that deep dish isn't good. It's fantastic. It's just not pizza.

Jor el

Deep Dish Prizza is just as redonkulous as the Meatball Sub
What Would Scooby Do ?

RAGER

Spaghetti pizza is pretty ridiculous. :-X
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Quote from: Demon Lung on March 30, 2013, 08:26:15 AM
In my personal opinion deep dish pizza isn't real pizza. It's more like a meat casserole. Traditional pizza has a thin crust. It's not droopy and has no more than 2 toppings.

Deep dish pizza only comes with meat if you order it that way. I already told you that the best Deep Dish pizza to order is spinach/mushroom. It's gross with meat.

Also, deep dish is not droopy. Where are you getting your deep dish from, Pizza Hut?

Also, i think some of you guys are confusing Thick Crust for Deep Dish. because you have been buying some bunk deep dish. To get a good Deep Dish pie, you probably have to be in the Chicago area.

MadJohnShaft

I think the West Coast confuses their sprout avocado covered toast for Pizza

neighbor664

What ever you do, do not go to Billy Goat Tavern. No one eats there because the food is any good.
SNL. Nostalgia is the only reason this place is even open.  F'n McDonalds had better cheeseburger, cheeseburger.

MadJohnShaft

I suppose - I went to the one on Franklin a lot when our office was over by there.   Atmospheric.