Anyone else tried the Sriracha flavored Lays?

Started by The Bandit, February 19, 2013, 04:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bandit

They aren't bad, but don't have much heat.

I actually like the Chicken and Waffles flavor better.

yeezuz

I would like to do a taste test with that Eva Longoria

bitter

Those lays are kind of spicy, I got a little flavor dust in the back of my throat earlier and had some difficulty getting it to subside. Still, only a bit more intense than black pepper or similar to the back of the throat.

What I notice is that it doesn't really taste like Sriracha. I don't really eat Lay's, but they taste like their Tangy Carolina BBQ chips. Basically, an extra hint of vinegar and less BBQ flavored sweetness than most BBQ chips with added spiciness. Other than the fact it doesn't really taste like Sriracha, I like 'em.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

I,Galactus

Quote from: xina on February 19, 2013, 08:53:23 PM

Watch out though, Michael Symon might try to get in on that.

4SRSTHO haven't tried 'em but I'm willing to bet these are better:

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

black

Those are great!
I like most of the Kettle brand stuff when heading for a junk snack time. I really dig the crunchyness and they don't seem as greasy as the more standard chips/crisps.

I'm not down with Sriracha all that much. It'll do in a pinch, but I'm not too keen on the vinegar-y aspects of it and other hot sauces that are similar to Tabasco.

A lot of it has to do with living in a part of the planet where some of the most delicious, flavorful and 'hot' chilies are abundant and not too $$. Well that and just not digging a strong vinegar flavor in general.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

yeezuz

Quote from: I,Galactus on February 20, 2013, 09:36:52 AM

and i'm jillin it to that later. for sure. forget the chips, i am gonna Lay her. one you pop, you can't stop. no one can eat just one.

I,Galactus

Quote from: xina on February 20, 2013, 04:53:14 PM
and i'm jillin it to that later. for sure. forget the chips, i am gonna Lay her. one you pop, you can't stop. no one can eat just one.

I was hoping they'd come out with banana flavored Lays.

Wait, what were we talking about?
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

black

Quote from: xina on February 20, 2013, 04:53:14 PM

:D  :D  :D  :D !!!
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

bitter

Quote from: I,Galactus on February 20, 2013, 09:36:52 AM

Watch out though, Michael Symon might try to get in on that.

4SRSTHO haven't tried 'em but I'm willing to bet these are better:

Has anyone tried these? I mistakenly saw the "ginger with attitude" and assumed it meant the spice ginger as opposed to a play on the color red. I'm definitely jonesin' for real sriracha flavored chips now.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan