Certainties, musings, and foregone conclusions in my (your) kitchen

Started by RAGER, April 08, 2013, 05:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I,Galactus

Quote from: NCR600 on May 17, 2013, 04:02:25 AM
Quote from: lowdaddy on May 17, 2013, 02:36:01 AM
offal.  livers and kidneys and sweetbreads and brains and hearts.  "deep cuts" like trotters and necks.  tongue.  headcheese.  pates.  if you don't eat these things then you're not eating.  and if you avoid these things because they sound "yucky" then you and i ain't friends.  don't be a pussy in the gastronomic sense or in any other facet of your life.  EAT.

I agree 100% with this. I know self confessed "carnivores" that rag out my bro in law for being vegetarian, but turn their noses up at all offal, and even at stuff like ox-tail and game meats. Mind you the same people also find tomatoes and iceberg lettuce a struggle too.

You ain't a meat eater if you're not prepared to eat the whole animal.

Applauds on both of yas. 

Cosmetically "perfect" produce pisses me off, too.  If your tomatoes don't look like this, they probably taste like watery butt and are pumped full of shit you shouldn't be eating:

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RAGER

^^Come August I'm gonna have more of those and many other things that 10 men couldn't possibly use.  Imm finna be the guerilla produce giver in the neighborhood.

As far as offal goes, I'm down for most although I'm not a fan of pork kidneys so far.  Got some trotters in the freeze I'll be making for myself soon as my girl is not interested.  I'm also prone to bbqing whole pork heads on the grill overnight nice and slow.  Tacos cabeza.
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

I'm with this - I like watching Giadia's Italian kitchen to look at her tits but all her food comes out of plastic bags and it makes me nuts.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

lowdaddy

Quote from: RAGER on May 17, 2013, 11:13:00 AM
^^Come August I'm gonna have more of those and many other things that 10 men couldn't possibly use.  Imm finna be the guerilla produce giver in the neighborhood.

As far as offal goes, I'm down for most although I'm not a fan of pork kidneys so far.  Got some trotters in the freeze I'll be making for myself soon as my girl is not interested.  I'm also prone to bbqing whole pork heads on the grill overnight nice and slow.  Tacos cabeza.

you ever used goat head rager?  banging taos!
jon eats a whole raw potato to take himself out of the mood.

RAGER

Oh yeah I'm down with the chivo.  I'd like to roast a whole one this summer.
No Focus Pocus

deleted account

Quote from: Chovie D on May 16, 2013, 02:37:11 PM
you heathens dont use the backs of the knife to clean your board?  >:(

I know, right?  they're probably using the blade side to level off a cup of flour too

deleted account

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Chovie D

Quote from: priest on May 17, 2013, 03:48:24 PM
or "flooor" to you and RAGER

:D  I stopped doing that a long time ago when you threw your second or third hissy fit over it. ;)

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

lowdaddy

Quote from: RAGER on May 17, 2013, 11:13:00 AM

i've had suckling pig kidneys that are marvelous.  just s and p 'em.  sear 'em off for a little color.  still pink in the middle.  finish with a little maldon and good olive oil.  bon appetit brother.
jon eats a whole raw potato to take himself out of the mood.