Summer is here! | Ice-cream and Popsicle flavors?

Started by neighbor664, June 29, 2012, 12:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neighbor664

Pistachio and Rocky Road usually win out here. The RR has to have fresh, soft marshmallows and be made with almonds NOT walnuts. Walnuts suck!

Popsicle, real fruit flavors preferred. Currently digging the Dryers "Antioxidant Fruit bars".
Italian Ice pops from the Dollar Tree are plenty fine on a hot day. Classic Otter Pops are kinda meh, but good memories.
Red, White, and Blue "Bomb" pops!

I,Galactus

Quote from: neighbor664 on June 29, 2012, 12:47:28 AM
Popsicle, real fruit flavors preferred. Currently digging the Dryers "Antioxidant Fruit bars".

Word.  The pomegranate ones are awesome.

Personal favorite ice cream is hazelnut, but I can't get that anywhere around here so I usually settle for butter pecan.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

yeezuz

Quote from: mortlock on June 29, 2012, 01:14:43 AM

i have images blocked so all i see is the url unless i click, so by serendipity you have reminded me about Giant Robot. thank you.

i've been having a skinny cow ice cream sandwich every now and then. pretty decent considering the fewer calories.

deleted account

I used to get those big ass brown and yellow popsicles from the ice cream truck.  they still make those?  I think the only place you could get 'em was the ice cream truck.  their counterpart was the red, white and blue ones in the same size/ shape

MadJohnShaft

Hartigan's ice cream is on our block and an institution

Some days chickens, some days feathers

juggernaut

I stopped buying the store bought versions a long time ago.  I bought these molds on amazon (only like $12) and I just make them myself.  It's ridiculously easy and a lot healthier since you control all the ingredients.  It's also a hell of a lot cheaper as well.  For the same amount of money as a box of the ones you get in a store you can probably make 2 - 3 x's the amount of pops for the same price.

RAGER

We have the ice cream Arab that drives around in a beat up brown mini van playing Christmas carols and facilitating the crime of littering.
No Focus Pocus

juggernaut

I whipped up a batch of pineapple\banana\coconut pops for the 4th.  I pureed a bunch of fresh pineapple, added some honey, coconut milk, banana, and a touch of pineapple juice.  Came out really nice.

whoshotthefrog

If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

bitter

I love the strawberry shortcake bars and super fudgesicles, but over the last couple years my acid reflux has kept me from yougurt and ice creams  :'(

All I can eat nowadays are those weird pseudo-dairy Mcflurries. I need to look into some almond milk ice cream variants.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Lumpy

Quote from: bitter on July 07, 2012, 02:59:48 AM
I love the strawberry shortcake bars and super fudgesicles, but over the last couple years my acid reflux has kept me from yougurt and ice creams  :'(

All I can eat nowadays are those weird pseudo-dairy Mcflurries. I need to look into some almond milk ice cream variants.

Dude, you're missing out on some pretty good vegetarian versions of ice cream. Shop where the health food hippies shop, some of these markets will have a large selection of rice, almond or soy milk ice cream, and some of the flavors are pretty far out too (saffron, rose water, blood orange, etc etc) plus the normal flavors. Don't give up!!!!
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

bitter

I'll have a look next time I'm out. I never eat ice cream or popsicles much anyways so I haven't been too concerned. 

I have almond milk with my cereal every morning and it's really good. soy's a bit much and rice/coconut are kind of gross tasting to me.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

BigSwordfishtrombone

For me it's either the Bonnaroo Ben & Jerry's ice cream, or the Ben & Jerry's Willie Nelson peach cobbler. ;D

juggernaut

Quote from: BigSwordfishtrombone on July 16, 2012, 10:53:52 AM
For me it's either the Bonnaroo Ben & Jerry's ice cream, or the Ben & Jerry's Willie Nelson peach cobbler. ;D

Speaking of ice cream, I usually don't buy it but I was in one of our fancy food markets getting something and I saw this honey sunflower ice cream.  Holy crap is it good.

Demon Lung

juggernaut

I,Galactus

Quote from: juggernaut on July 18, 2012, 01:23:07 PM
Quote from: Demon Lung on July 17, 2012, 04:28:58 PM
Friendlys has maple walnut ice cream

Sounds pretty damn good as well.

Yep, would eat.

Got some of this:

It's good, but kinda has too much shit going on for me.  I really like plain ice creams.  Natural / Homestyle vanilla is predominantly my jam.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

neighbor664

For the backpackers and "astronauts" out there.

Sparkle Motion

We are making salted caramel ice cream to go on top of fried apple pies for dessert tonight.
"There ain't much difference between the man I wanna be and the man that I really am."

DavidATX

There can be only one answer when it comes to ice cream:  Blue Bell.

Popsicles...gotta go with natural fruit flavors, favorite being lime.

I,Galactus

Quote from: DavidATX on August 01, 2012, 10:54:14 AM
There can be only one answer when it comes to ice cream:  Blue Bell.

Popsicles...gotta go with natural fruit flavors, favorite being lime.

Blue Bell is, indeed, the business.  The wife and I are big fans of "the great divide."

whoshotthefrog

Been eating this flavor at least once a week now for at least two months.

If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/