PIZZA

Started by mortlock, September 30, 2011, 01:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pissy

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on March 17, 2014, 12:15:17 PM
I would use that to get Julia's Rav 4 out of the snow but I wouldn't think of eating it

Lou Malnatis

Giordanos

Ginos East

Pizzeria Uno

Using the quote long post function like a boss...

Which one of these is better Shaft?  I've had Lou's (fucking awesome pizza!), and Uno from the chain restaurants, but Giordanos had a line that was at least 1:45 to get a seat as well as Geno's.  Couldn't leave lunch just to get in line for dinner.
Vinyls.   deal.

Lumpy

Lou Malnati's has a cornmeal aspect to the crust that other deep dish pies don't have (I think it's corn meal - it has a different texture). It's also not as deep as most. It's good, it's just slightly different than the others.

I liked Giordano's the best, and (I'll say it again) IMO the best version to get is Spinach/Mushroom.

Yo noobs, notice how the crust does not flop, even though you're calling it a "casserole". It's a solid base and therefore, it's pizza.

The Uno's pizza (last pic) with onions, peppers and mushrooms looks gross. You know those peppers and onions won't be cooked through!
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

MadJohnShaft

Our Giordano's in downtown Evanston was lackluster - it just relocated into a snazzy new corner location with a beer garden. I'll have to give them another shot.

Our Lou Malnati's is really good and is fun to go into. It's right near NU and the owner only hires hot girls.

I just saw a sign today they are opening an 800 Degrees Pizza. I think that's a fresh ingredients wood-fired place.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

RAGER

Onions and peppers ain't chicken. I like s little bite with veggies. Remember, you're eating eating veggies.
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

Onions and peppers if present will be somewhat crispy and not at all cooked til limp. Not sure why but that's the style, I believe it provides a nice textural contrast with the gooey cheese and sausage and the thick pastry like crust.

mortlock

lou or giord..both look insane

Lumpy

Leona's used to make a respectable deep dish pizza, of course that was years ago, when they first started expanding.

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.

mortlock

MadJohnShaft

mortlock

MadJohnShaft

I made a Chicago Style some time ago, you need a well oiled high sided thin metal pan so the crust gets pastry-like rather than bread like

MadJohnShaft

I hate the world so I made a squash crust pizza

This was the initial crust per the recipe, I wanted it cooked longer so I flipped it using a second cookie sheet onto olive oiled parchment sheets until it was slippery and brown as my future Colombian third wife's ass.

See? The crust is dark brown and tastes like an Italian cookie.

You would stand in a really long line listening to StonerRock music for MadJohnShaft's Squash Crust Pizza + Weird Salad food truck for $14. If you want the poblano pepper gnocchi in a small paper cup it would be $19. No utensils provided.

johnny problem

I no longer understand why pepperoni is used for pizzas.  It's an inferior sausage, like the equivalent of bologna.  A nice spicy Salami does the trick just nicely.

socket

Shaft, that looks amazeballs.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

khoomeizhi

Quote from: johnny problem on October 04, 2015, 09:05:14 PM
I no longer understand why pepperoni is used for pizzas.  It's an inferior sausage, like the equivalent of bologna.  A nice spicy Salami does the trick just nicely.

a good quality pepperoni (they exist) is basically a nice spicy salami.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

peoplething

Cheap pepparoni is the reason I never get it on pizza. If we find a place with the good stuff, I'm all over it. But more often than not, it seems even 'good' pizza places use the cheap stuff that I'm pretty sure is just tile grout, sawdust and lard. 
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

RacerX

^
REEF TANKTM PIZZA??
Livin' The Life.

Lumpy

(Already been posted?) The Onion had an article about Pizza Hut's new "Pizza Lover's Pizza" (pizza topped with pizza):

In response, some people have done it for real:

Next level:

RacerX

^
Old news.

Tony Manero, 1976:

Livin' The Life.

mortlock

sleestak

Killing threads is my business and business is good.

mortlock

mozzarella stick pizza