What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Made clementine margaritas. Yum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Hey RAGER, mmmm. Fresh squeezed (6ea) tangerine y Oaxacan tobala mezcal with drizzle of black cherry juice. Chili lime salt. Very refreshing!

maybe those are clementine? Big bunch in a netted bag.

mortlock

you guys take those sugar bombs to a different level.

RAGER

My margs are usually on the tart side. Hate it when they're too sweet.

Clementines are the ones in the net bag.

No Focus Pocus

James1214

Those cocktails all look pure fuckin fire.

Made 20th Centureies tonight, a favorite. It's my #1 and I can so rarely find a place with all the ingredients that I make them myself in the comfort of my own home.

1 1/2 ounces gin
1/2 ounce Lillet blanc
1/2 ounce white creme de cacao
3/4 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
Garnish: lemon twist

Add to a shaker with ice, double strain into a coupe.
words

RAGER

Well that's a nice simple one I'll have to try. Don't have crème de cacao blanc though.

No Focus Pocus

James1214

Honestly, I just use regular creme de cacao. Using the Blanc is really only an appearance thing, keeps it nice and light instead of muddy brown.
words

RAGER

Ah yes.  That makes sense.  I'd probably get the blanc to sneak into other drinks.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

We 4 Whirled thru da snow down to a bar. Me and my bud put together the 21st century monkey.

1.5 oz. Gin
.5 oz. Lillet Blanc
.75 oz. Lemon
.50 oz. Banana liqueur
bar spoon vanilla simple

Shaken, double strained into a Nick and Nora or a coupe. Lemon rind

No Focus Pocus

James1214

How was it? Sounds like it may be tasty
words

RAGER

Well yeah. It's a pantie dropper.  Kinda sweet, banana.  probably could use vodka too.

All these drinks are pretty much the same.  You've got the booze (1.5 oz.) sugar sweet something flavored .75, cordial/liqueur 1 oz. Adjucnt of a bar spoon/float of some sort.  shaken over ice to dilute and make up a couple ounces. 

A shakey is a shakey. 

Stirys are different
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

yep. silly glass though. and nothing is worse than a short pour. I did learn about double-strained. That is excellent.

RAGER

the glass is appropriate for this drink served up. 5 oz. coupe or Nick and Nora
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Muffin Man

also, that lemon peel WTF is that!? No, So wrong. That lemon peel is a joke. It actually, pisses me off, I shouldn't be bothered, but man, that is fucked up.

mortlock

Quote from: Muffin Man on February 24, 2023, 01:15:50 AMalso, that lemon peel WTF is that!? No, So wrong. That lemon peel is a joke. It actually, pisses me off, I shouldn't be bothered, but man, that is fucked up.
weird. i thought you liked fusion.

RAGER

I think he had a momentary lapse

Man this was good

And then we went a couple blocks and had this. What a day.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

the bloody mary looks unreal.
rager whats your personal best recipe for a BM?

RAGER

I mainly go by feel but it's got tomato juice of course, a hefty dose of horseradish, hot sauce, several grinds of black pepper, Worcestershire or fish sauce.

Garnishes can vary as can salt rim or Tajin or chili salt.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Best bloody I've ever had, I made.  I squeezed and canned heirloom tomatoes into juice, and did basically what Rager mentioned but instead of fish liquid, added jalapeño pickle juice.  

Nothing that I did covered up the fact that those tomatoes were fresh as they could be.   I made the juice about 2 weeks before a trip to the beach and made a half gallon of mary's to take onto the beach precariously pulled in one of those beach carts sloshing around in a pitcher.  They were amazing.  And my brother in-law who is the most cynical guy I know AND is snobbish about his food/drink told me it was the best he ever had.  Lightning in a bottle.  A month later that same juice batch wasn't nearly as good or fresh tasting.  
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

I still have some frozen tomatoes. When they thaw, that tomato water 💦 is divine. I should do something with that.

A few days ago I stopped at a newish tiki bar and had this Dole Whip with dark rum at the bottom. Really delicious. I found out later it's a Disneyland drink. New to me as that's the last fucking place on earth I'd be.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Side pull tap Spellbinder Pilsner at Upright Brewing.

Rare to see the side tap beer faucet but we have a few.

No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Picked these us yesterday for the same price as PBR.  Channeling my inner Captain Quint.  

Vinyls.   deal.