What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

That old man pickled himself to death drinking 7& 7s chasing Narragansetts.

-The Perfect Storm
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Saw this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.

lftwng4

Last summer Narragansett release a 12 pack tribute can to the movie Jaws. 
I like that beer quite a bit.   Tasty and affordable.   

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.

Muffin Man

tasty tall can 9.0

dnice

Elite double IPA, Big Bird by Trillium (Canton, Mass)

Bird is the Word

RAGER

My favorite beer joint set aside a few special bottles of this anniversary release. One was for me. My favorite IPA.

No Focus Pocus

James1214

whiskey sours tonight, pairs well with figuring out reaper..... finally ditching protools, because fuck avid
words

RAGER

Getting sone decent strawberries lately so margs.

No Focus Pocus

dnice

for those that like Galaxy hops, this one is fantastic (from Treehouse - Mass.)

RAGER

We just got some Hill Farmstead waaaay out here west. It was pretty solid.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Ivan the Terrible - Big Sky Brewing Russian Imperial Bourbon Barrel Aged Stout weighing in at 13.9lbs. Has the rubbery road-tar I like but man one of these is my limit. Will do an A/B to Old Rasputin (9%) some day. Probably the Ivan has a little more wine-y-ness to it but thankfully I didn't notice much of any raisin. Heavy hitter.

https://bigskybrew.com/beers/ivan-the-terrible-imperial-stout/

Muffin Man

Oskar Blues Juicy IPA 7.0 on the richter. comes across as a 7.0 too but I'm not getting the juicy part. A little piney. Nice. On the the thin side like a session IPA but at 7 you (I) wouldn't get too far. Not quite the uniqueness I was expecting/hoping for from Oskar but nice to have it on the shelf here. Tall can. Would repeat. Goes good with pizza.

dnice

for the west coasters, Bottle Logic (Anaheim, Ca)

west coast style double IPA with low piney/bitterness. Not bad

RAGER

I think I've heard of bottle logic. But it's kinda hard to keep track of the 1,800 plus breweries out here.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.

Muffin Man

almost got some Kolsch yesterday. 5.5. Should have instead of the 8.0 Imperial Haze, that stuff is above my % anymore.

mortlock

genny cream ale got voted into the top 50 best beers of the world.

RAGER

I used to see Genesee(sp) at a certain bottle shop. I'll have to pick some up if I see it.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Cream ale.  Not Genny original.  The original is one of the only beers i've ever had that got worse as the night went on. 

Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

There's probably several I've had lije that but one that stands out, and this is many years ago, Miller Genuine Draft.

SparkleMotion claims Buoy Beer Cream Ale out here in Astoria is similar to Genny Cream. Coincidentally I'll be in Astoria on Monday and Tuesday. Maybe I'll try one.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Quote from: Pissy on June 09, 2023, 04:26:06 PMCream ale.  Not Genny original.  The original is one of the only beers i've ever had that got worse as the night went on.

sounds like something someone who drinks wine coolers would say.

Pissy

Never once.  I don't think I ever had a Zima either. 

Genny-O was the free beer for bands at one of the venues in Charlotte.  It was a strategic move. 
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Never drank a wine cooler?  When I was 15 or 16 you could get a 2 liter of wine cooler. We would regularly get those to chug. Girls liked em so if you wanna hang out with girls and get drunk and laid then wine coolers it was. Shit, I'd drink anything back then.
No Focus Pocus