What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soundgardenia

Tried some Woodchuck cider the other day but it wasn't very good... Good cider is hard to find...
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

Soundgardenia

Still haven't found Apple Ginger :(
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

RAGER

Looks like the Horse Brass has Magners Irish Hard Cider and Amnesia brews their own that's usually on tap.
No Focus Pocus

Jor el

Angry Orchard makes the Apple Ginger.
What Would Scooby Do ?

Lumpy

Butternuts Heinnieweisse... meh. Tastes like heinnie.

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

Had a couple of these today.  not as dry as I would like but not bad.  I like em a little less sweet.  Like champagne.  I like the ones with champagne yeast.
No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

I was actually going to have those tonight but the bar I was at was out, so I had strongbow instead. Now I'm back at my buddy's pad having Angry Orchard.

Soundgardenia

NCR600

Dry cider is as easy as hell to make. Just dump some yeast into a bottle of apple juice and let it do it's thing for a few weeks. You don't have to bottle it either. Just drink it flat from the fermenter, Scrumpy style.

I'm drinking Mountain Goat IPA

I was a bit wary of this when I saw it had Galaxy hops, but the Citra restrains the fruit salad of the Galaxy nicely.

Soundgardenia

This one is kind of grape-ish..

Jor el

I'm back to my favourite.
JK's Scrumpy oot of Flushing, Michigan

What Would Scooby Do ?

Soundgardenia

I'm back home and the store next to my place only had this one:

It's actually not terrible!

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

Soundgardenia

That looks pretty fucking delicious (probably because it's warm cider).

I'm drinking this beer that falsely advertises to be the champagne of beers...

Adam

Lumpy

Tried some Angry Orchard tonight based on the recommendation. Seems good, but the last time I had hard cider was ages ago, so I'm not a good judge. Not very sweet (good) but I expected more bubbles, perhaps wrongly. Ginger and Crisp styles (mixed 6 pack)

/need more practice ;)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

NCR600

Is  it some sort of legal requirement that the US ciders are labelled as "Hard". All the other ciders I've seen from Aus, NZ, England, France, Spain and other EU countries don't label them as "Hard". They used to sell non alcoholic ciders here years ago labelled as cider, but the government made them label those as "sparkling apple juice" so I assume it's some sort of reverse of that situation. They used to sell that Mike's hard Lemonade crap out here, and I thought that the "hard" part was because lemonade is traditionally non alcoholic, or was some sort of marketing gimmick.

khoomeizhi

just 'cider' in the US is usually referring to pressed-but-not-filtered non-fermented apple juice. so, yeah. opposites.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

RAGER

Last nights offering.  not too bad this year.  Had it on tap a couple days ago and it was awesome.
No Focus Pocus

juggernaut

themusketking

not usually a big fan of Sam Adams, but their winter lager was surprisingly good for it's price.
Something heady, stupid, and prophetic here.

Jor el

Hey SG,

Do you have Whole Foods near you?
I believe they carry JK's Scrumpy hard cider (oot of MI).
What Would Scooby Do ?

Soundgardenia

I will do a little trip to it... I usually avoid it just because of how overpriced it is, but I guess I should check out the booze collection.

Soundgardenia

Had Fire Eater last night, a cinammon bourbon that is dangerously delicious.