What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

libertycaps

@ $6.88 a 6'er, it's hard to say no. That's minus WA tax! :)

Lumpy

I don't know why it's called Vinyl? It's an amber lager that's easy to drink, and very easy to like, IMO.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Metal and Beer

^ To capitalize on the current vinyl trend? Many vinyl aficionados also like craft beers, cross-marketin' mayhaps..

I found the "Clutch Beer" (Lips of Faith) but it's incredibly cost-prohibitive for me; I love and can afford killer beer but I can't do eight bucks a quart on principle..

I'm enjoyin' NBB's ol' trusty Trippel; beer snobs scoff at it I'm sure, but I dig the strength/taste ratio
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

mutantcolors

Try out that NB Abbey then, I'm sure you'll be pleased.

Metal and Beer

I like the Abbey just fine, and the 1554, but the Trippel is slightly stronger with quite similar taste/body. I haven't tried NBB's lighter fare yet...(there's a new pale lager in 16 oz cans, couldn't find the ABV number so I passed, lest it be 4% or such  ;)
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Lumpy

Oh - so Magic Hat also has "Demo" too. Music theme? They call it a 'black IPA'.

Goes down easy. It's good.

Volume

It's spring and summer's right around the corner.

Campari & orange juice

RAGER

Quote from: Lumpy on April 16, 2012, 12:39:01 AM

Ah the black IPA phase.  We call them Cascadian Dark Ale. CDA
No Focus Pocus

juggernaut

Quote from: Volume on April 16, 2012, 04:19:42 AM
It's spring and summer's right around the corner.

Campari & orange juice

I love me some campari.  I've never met another person that likes it at all.  I'll usually get campari and soda with lemon.  Very nice before a good meal.

Other than that I've been drinking the following beers all of which are really good:

Maui Coconut Porter
Dogfish Head Aprihop
Heavy Seas Loose Cannon IPA3

RAGER

It's actually good.  Can't believe I like a beer from Missouri.
No Focus Pocus

rayinreverse

Quote from: RAGER on April 16, 2012, 11:53:09 AM
Quote from: Lumpy on April 16, 2012, 12:39:01 AM

Ah the black IPA phase.  We call them Cascadian Dark Ale. CDA

If Deschutes hadn't crafted such a fantastic beverage I doubt the black ipa thing would've taken off. Drinking a black ipa,a friend and I made a month ago.

RAGER

Hmmmmm.  I'm dubious.  I don't think Deschutes has done fuck all for my beer palate in aboot 15 years.  There are much better but I'm curious to hear more of your experience.

/local/snob
No Focus Pocus

I,Galactus

Lagunitas IPA pairs well w/ the saturated wash coming out of my new el capistan.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

libertycaps

Victory's Hop Devil. Solid non-PNW IPA.

juggernaut

Quote from: libertycaps on April 16, 2012, 11:17:14 PM
Victory's Hop Devil. Solid non-PNW IPA.

Yep, that's a tasty brew.  Def a solid go to beer.

rayinreverse

Quote from: RAGER on April 16, 2012, 08:16:34 PM
Hmmmmm.  I'm dubious.  I don't think Deschutes has done fuck all for my beer palate in aboot 15 years.  There are much better but I'm curious to hear more of your experience.

/local/snob

that was a senseless statement I made to be honest. the only black ipa i have had is deshcutes, and the one we made. the deschutes was really good. I thoroughly enjoy Uintahs Baba Black Lager.
Deschutes Mirror Pond is a beer I enjoy quite a bit though.

RAGER

You have Mirror Pond

15 years ago

on cask
No Focus Pocus

mutantcolors

The Abyss stuff is pretty baller. Going to the real deal in Bend is usually the best bet, but I like Inversion IPA a lot. A lot.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

libertycaps

Green Flash WC IPA. Local corner store now carries the 4-packs! 
All i want anymore is a really fucking good IPA. ;D

RAGER

Had a Walking Man IPA and a Good Life Descender IPA @ Horse Brass and a Longs IPA @ Cheese Bar yesterday.
No Focus Pocus

lftwng4

Had a Sixpoint Sweet Action last night.  It's defined as a cream ale, but it's hoppy as hell.  Pretty good, actually.  I've also recently had Sixpoint Resin, which is their IIPA I believe.  I'm thinking all their beers are pretty hoppy, actually.
Also had a Brew Kettle White Rajah, which blew away a Pliney(and others) in our recent taste test.  Good stuff indeed.

Volume

Mediocre Bordeaux.  :-\

Might have to remedy that with a dram of single malt after dinner.

Lumpy

Quote from: lftwng4 on April 19, 2012, 12:44:46 PM
Had a Sixpoint Sweet Action last night.  It's defined as a cream ale, but it's hoppy as hell.  Pretty good, actually.  I've also recently had Sixpoint Resin, which is their IIPA I believe.  I'm thinking all their beers are pretty hoppy, actually.

I haven't had those Sixpoint beers but I've had the Bengali Tiger which is an IPA (so yes, it's hoppy too). I like when good beer comes in cans -- it's easier to carry home on the subway.