What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeyT

Quote from: I,Galactus on March 26, 2012, 08:37:53 AM
Tried some Carta Blanca with chicken quesadillas last night.

CuauhtĂ©moc Moctezuma beers were on sale at my local.  Pretty decent lager, but nothing to rave about.

Carta Blanca is my fave Mexican brew, followed by Negra Modelo. Dos Equis Amber is good. Dos Equis lager & Corona are alright.

I need some Bohemia, though, because I'm a Bohemian.
'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

rayinreverse

Though I've become a full blown beer snob, I still enjoy a corona on hot summer day. I know I shouldn't.

MikeyT

Different beers for different occasions, right ?

'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

RAGER

I too am a beer snob but I absolutely love Mexican beers.  I do not care for Corona.  My top favs are

Modelo Especial
Pacifico
Victoria
Bohemia
Sol

I love micheladas
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Belgian beer fest today in Portland.  I will attempt to report back later
No Focus Pocus

tossom

Don't normally drink cider, but don't mind this stuff.  One bottle went in the food, other in me :D
"Beige rock"

James1214

im drinking this today..... dee licious

apple pie flavor

words

RAGER

there were a shit ton of beers and I had ten of em  fuck off!!  Whadda ya want from me .  some sucke d and some wer egreat fuckit.
No Focus Pocus

I,Galactus

Quote from: James1214 on April 21, 2012, 06:45:37 PM
im drinking this today..... dee licious

apple pie flavor

40 proof?  Store bought 'shine?  I'm try not to be a "death to false (insert noun)" types, but c'mon...
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

James1214

for what its worth I mixed with everclear and ice. nit a fan of super sweet booze. nice and refreshing, given it was close to 90 today.
words

neighbor664

Aptly named because it ruins you for other beers.

libertycaps

Quote from: neighbor664 on April 22, 2012, 02:48:34 AM
Aptly named because it ruins you for other beers.

Actually, it's their brett IPA that does that. (Forgot the name. It's a tough one to remember.)
Palate Wrecker is drinkable compared to that....

neighbor664

IMO, Palate Wrecker is so tasty that all other beer tastes like shit after drinking it. There's better?

I,Galactus

Maker's 46 in a hot bath.  Take that, lower back pain!
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

I,Galactus

Quote from: James1214 on April 22, 2012, 02:31:36 AMfor what its worth I mixed with everclear and ice.

Well played, sir.  S'pose that's what I get for hatin'.

libertycaps

Quote from: neighbor664 on April 22, 2012, 07:51:28 PM
IMO, Palate Wrecker is so tasty that all other beer tastes like shit after drinking it. There's better?
I'm gonna have to say: Fuck yes. Look to Belgium, young man. The newer hybrid WC inspired Belgian IPA's especially. :)

mortlock

fyfe & drum beer..

genesee brought it back in the heritage series.

neighbor664

Quote from: libertycaps on April 22, 2012, 09:42:18 PM
Quote from: neighbor664 on April 22, 2012, 07:51:28 PM
I'm gonna have to say: Fuck yes. Look to Belgium, young man. The newer hybrid WC inspired Belgian IPA's especially. :)

No I realize that there is better beer, particularly Belgian stuff.
I was just surprised that Green Flash had something yet better than the Palate Wrecker.

libertycaps

That, my friend, is the shit in my world. Don't be hasty. Let the lovely merangue-esque head half before you partake too. All good things in all good time. :P

neighbor664

^ I just looked it up, all the BevMos by me don't have it in stock. I need to search or get it shipped. Fok!

rayinreverse

Had my first Windmer Bros beer yesterday. I only had to go to Kauai to get it. Had their black ipa. It was alright.

I,Galactus

Quote from: rayinreverse on April 23, 2012, 01:32:28 PM
Had my first Windmer Bros beer yesterday. I only had to go to Kauai to get it. Had their black ipa. It was alright.

Kauai is awesome.  Enjoy!

rayinreverse

Quote from: I,Galactus on April 23, 2012, 05:00:53 PM
Quote from: rayinreverse on April 23, 2012, 01:32:28 PM

Kauai is awesome.  Enjoy!

You're not kidding this place is amazing. I've had an array of beverages.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Holy shit!!  So my new employers also have a bottle shop.  They had a small fire about a year ago in their storage area where he had a shit ton of beer cellared.  some of the labels were damaged and he had heat concerns but not really.  To cover his ass he had to write off a bunch of the beer.  Got paid out on insurance so he can't legally sell it but he can give it away.  So yesterday i took a case of mixed things and i can go back for more.  there are hundreds of bottles here's a few I came away with.

2009 Deschutes Mirror Mirror 22oz.
1999 J.W.Lees Harvest Ale Ltd.
Allagash Belgian Trippel batch# 155
Orval Trappiste Ale
Port Brewing collab. with De Proef Brouwerij ,Belgium.  Signature Ale
Southern Tier Backburner Barleywine
Goose Island Pepe Nero Belgian

and a few others....oh happy day

edit*  the Mirror Mirror is '09
No Focus Pocus