What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desertblues

I,Galactus

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Soundgardenia

I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

juggernaut

I've been drinking these a lot despite the unending ball busting from my friends.  They think it tastes like shit and is gay.  Just means more for me. 

Soundgardenia

A couple a months ago a friend turned me into this Lithuanian beer. It's one of my favorites now:

I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

OR50

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

Did you grow some hops? Did they take over the world? My Dad was growing us some but they grow insanely and ate half his garage so he's pulled them out.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

RAGER

My hops story is as follows.

I grew some nice cascade hops that were trailing up my front railing nicely a few years back.  The ex and I went on vacation and left her pill popping mother to watch the cats and dogs.  When we got home a few days later, she had cut them all back in a oxy/soma haze thinking she was helping out and doing a bit of weeding.  `fin
No Focus Pocus

Instant Dan

fallen

Quote from: juggernaut on August 17, 2012, 04:10:50 PM
I've been drinking these a lot despite the unending ball busting from my friends.  They think it tastes like shit and is gay.  Just means more for me. 

I've been drinking a ton of Pyramid apricot wheat ale lately. Awesome. Really into the wheat ales, hefeweizen, weizenbocks and one or two fruit beers. It's also fun to sample some of the pure wheat beers where they summon flavours of grapefruit, lemon, banana, etc without adding anything.

Today I'm drinking some nice vodka but need to make it my last bottle till my next vacation. :) Way too easy to get messed up on that stuff and not hit a limit. Must be that bit of Ukrainian blood in my background.

juggernaut

Quote from: fallen on September 13, 2012, 02:06:26 AM

[

I've been drinking a ton of Pyramid apricot wheat ale lately. Awesome. Really into the wheat ales, hefeweizen, weizenbocks and one or two fruit beers. It's also fun to sample some of the pure wheat beers where they summon flavours of grapefruit, lemon, banana, etc without adding anything.

Today I'm drinking some nice vodka but need to make it my last bottle till my next vacation. :) Way too easy to get messed up on that stuff and not hit a limit. Must be that bit of Ukrainian blood in my background.

Yeah I dig that Pyramid Apricot as well.  Been a while since I had one.  If you like that kind of thing you should try a few sour beers.  I'm just getting turned on to them.  I posted a really good one just above this post.  If you want a good introduction to the style Petrus Oud Bruin is a good one to start.  It's mild on the sour but still really good.  The one I posted above is a bit more complex.  If you want something uber sour, try the Petrus Aged Pale.  Really good but def an acquired taste.

I,Galactus

Had some Old Rasputin on tap last night.  PHENOM.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RAGER

Quote from: juggernaut on September 13, 2012, 11:10:34 AM
Quote from: fallen on September 13, 2012, 02:06:26 AM

[

Yeah I dig that Pyramid Apricot as well.  Been a while since I had one.  If you like that kind of thing you should try a few sour beers.  I'm just getting turned on to them.  I posted a really good one just above this post.  If you want a good introduction to the style Petrus Oud Bruin is a good one to start.  It's mild on the sour but still really good.  The one I posted above is a bit more complex.  If you want something uber sour, try the Petrus Aged Pale.  Really good but def an acquired taste.

Raspberry Sour Puss from 10 Barrel Brewing in Bend Oregon is amazing
No Focus Pocus

juggernaut

That Rasberry Sour Puss sounds tasty.  I'm guessing it's only regionally available.

RAGER

probably yeah.  Pyramid brewing used to be located just 20 minutes North of me in Kalama Wa.  used to go get kegs from there 15 years ago.  Their Pale Ale was fab.  This was of course long before they got bought by the Big Boyz.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Captain Lawrence Kolsch, and Captain Lawrence Freshchester Pale Ale. Everything I've tried from them seems good. (east coast brewery).

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Soundgardenia

Started by sharing a Portuguese bottle of Pancas:

And now I'm downing a Puerto Viejo on my own:

Demon Lung

Lumpy

Can I just say that pumpkin ale sucks...

I actually had a pretty good one the other day (Southern Tier Pumpking) which had plenty of pumpkin (and pie spice) flavor. But it tasted like a dessert beer. Kind of gross, and hard to finish the pint. So, even the good ones are no good.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

I,Galactus

Quote from: Lumpy on September 18, 2012, 05:32:17 PM
Can I just say that pumpkin ale sucks...

I actually had a pretty good one the other day (Southern Tier Pumpking) which had plenty of pumpkin (and pie spice) flavor. But it tasted like a dessert beer. Kind of gross, and hard to finish the pint. So, even the good ones are no good.

I'm willing to concur, despite never having tried the "good" ones.

Adam

Just found this subsection and thread...

Not a fan of pumpkin ales either but I can enjoy a pint or so per season when the beer is quality. Just had a local one the other night, Upslope's Pumpkin, and it was pretty good. A nice flavor without being to aggressive. With that said, I am now done with the style for the season.

James1214

went camping last week, drank a lotta this stuff, pretty damn good cabernet. admittedly i was sucked in by the gimmickry of it, and being a rock climber i thought it was amusing on that level.

i really like that it is easily attached to a backpack via a carabiner, beats the weight of bottles too.

words

Adam

Just finished some DuganA....enjoyed it this time around but not a huge fan of Avery's IPA's. Their bitter profile is just too much for me, personally.

Now onto some Marble's Red. Decent but I was hoping for a little more from this.