What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

Soundgardenia

Oh, it's a requirement! Try it next time! Those look so nice and warm!!
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Adam

Found some of this Deschutes The Stoic still hanging around in a local shop.

peoplething

^ I'm with this cat. this page is weird without reading the previous page.

so, back on topic:

yep, it tastes like Islay stuffed with hops. not to shabby.

apologies if this already been posted, but.... I'm not sure I want to read the previous pages.

:o

"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

RAGER

This should be one for you beer snobs.  A somewhat rare Belgian Stout.  This has been cellared since 2007.  Black Albert Belgian Stout.  Look it up.  fantastic!
No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

Soundgardenia

Hoppy, definitely very hoppy... Not usually into this kind of flavor but it's sliding down pretty well...

RAGER

^^That stuff is terrible rookie.  You want hops?  oh sister there's hops in this town.  You have to go to the Horse Brass while you're here
No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

Nah, I just want more cider :) but I'll definitely check out that place!

RAGER

I'm gonna go to this place in a few for a quick bite and a drink.
http://interurbanpdx.com/

then I'm gonna go here for a pint
http://portland.citysearch.com/profile/41697744/portland_or/amnesia_brewing.html

then I'll probably go here
http://www.breaksidebrews.com/
No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

Any suggestions on Indian food? Been craving it like crazy!
Still not sure what spots we're hitting today... Yesterday the car wouldn't start so we just hit Safeway for drinks.

Adam

Inversion isn't an IPA I seek out, and there are tons of much better IPA's out there granted, but it is far from a terrible beer. 

Soundgardenia

Well, we don't have any of these brands in Cali, so I'm trying as I go...

Adam

Quote from: Soundgardenia on October 27, 2012, 03:25:23 PM
Well, we don't have any of these brands in Cali, so I'm trying as I go...

I am a big fan of Deschutes, personally, but find that my interest in them is based around half their offering, the other half just doesn't do it for me. Inversion does fall on the meh side for me, personally, but it certainly isn't a terrible beer. If you like porters their Black Butte Porter is the everyday beer of theirs currently available that I'd suggest. I also like their current fresh hop APA offering, Hop Trip, a good deal. And if you are feeling adventurous check out The Dissident, a sour brown, provided its still available.

RAGER

Quote from: Soundgardenia on October 27, 2012, 03:01:53 PM
Any suggestions on Indian food? Been craving it like crazy!
Still not sure what spots we're hitting today... Yesterday the car wouldn't start so we just hit Safeway for drinks.

Check out Vindalho in SE on Clinton or East India Trading Co. if you wanna go downtown. or a place on Alberta called Bollywood Theater.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Quote from: Adam on October 27, 2012, 03:23:13 PM
Inversion isn't an IPA I seek out, and there are tons of much better IPA's out there granted, but it is far from a terrible beer. 

Well I'm from this area and what is offered in the bottle these days is a mere mockery of what it was 15 years ago.  Even when I'm in Bend I don't drink Their beer.  There's a whole bunch better breweries in Bend.

Get Big, Go to Shit.
No Focus Pocus

Adam

Quote from: RAGER on October 27, 2012, 03:39:27 PM
Well I'm from this area and what is offered in the bottle these days is a mere mockery of what it was 15 years ago.  Even when I'm in Bend I don't drink Their beer.  There's a whole bunch better breweries in Bend.

Get Big, Go to Shit.

That's too bad. Would have loved to have tasted some of their stuff when they were at the top game.

That said, their winter seasonal Red Chair was absolutely delicious, IMO. I tried so many great new beers this year and Red Chair remains my favorite discovery. I could drink that beer year round.

RAGER

Yes. They were something to behold back in the day. Black butte was a constant and I always looks forward to jubelale
No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

Couldn't find Bollywood, only a skate shop in that corner... Ended up at Halibuts because it started raining pretty badly.

RAGER

At Breakside brewing right now
No Focus Pocus

Jor el

Hey SG,

I haven't had Angry Orchard...thinking of picking some up. Have you tried the Apple Ginger?

Tonight I'm enjoying some Woodchuck (oot of Vermont)

What Would Scooby Do ?

Soundgardenia

The Angry Orchard was way better than the Julian cider I've been drinking in LA. It's still not like my favorite cider (El Gaitero, Spanish cider), but it's definitely the best I've had so far in the US.
Haven't tried the apple ginger yet, but I'll definitely get it if I see it :)

khoomeizhi

if only motherfuckers would make decent still cider. only ever found one kind of still cider, and it was something like 6 or 7 bucks for a 16 oz bottle, and it wasn't still anyway. guess i'll have to make it myself.
let's dispense the unpleasantries