What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mutantcolors

I wish I was drinking this right now. Had it for the first time recently because the label read well, and it certainly delivered.

http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits/the-brews/year-round-brews/90-minute-ipa.htm

juggernaut

Quote from: mutantcolors on November 13, 2012, 01:41:38 AM
I wish I was drinking this right now. Had it for the first time recently because the label read well, and it certainly delivered.

http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits/the-brews/year-round-brews/90-minute-ipa.htm

Can really ever go wrong with dogfishhead.  I prefer the 60 min for every day drinking but the 90 is very tasty.  I couldn't drink the 120 because it's way too strong.

natehusky

Dos Equis lager . Drinking at lunch isn't illegal just frowned upon

RAGER

Well as long as you;re just having one like these responsible gents
No Focus Pocus

natehusky

I,Galactus

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Soundgardenia

Vinho verde

Just because I felt like a smooth sparkle but been abusing the cider too much... This is a nice alternative.
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

RAGER

Have had lots of that exact Vinho.  Another good one to try is Famega.  Also we've been on a Prosecco kick.  We like the really dry Bruts.

Had this last night.  Uuuuggghhhhh!!  man I remember when this was good beer.  just terrivle these days.
No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

I'll try the Famega. Is it also a green?
This one is really cheap at Trader Joe's and it's from home, but there are better ones. If you like them drier, try Casal Garcia. I think it's available at Bevmo.
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

RAGER

Yeah the Famega is a vinho verde.  Also there was a proesecco we had recently that was very cider like and I thought of you.  I think this is the stuff.  You should try it.

Or maybe it was this one.

One of them we found at Trader Joes.  I think that was the one that was like a dry cider
No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

You know what? I actually had the first bottle in my cart for a couple of minutes and decided to drop it last minute a week ago or so while doing grocery shopping. Guess I'll go back for it! Thanks for the heads up!

RAGER

Ha!  Well I hope that's the one.  Either way Prosecco is nummers.  I prolly drink too much of it. :-\
No Focus Pocus

Chovie D

I am no conisuer. It was recommended by someone who thinks they know about absinthe and Ive seen it in absinthe bars.
It tastes good to me. I have one of those see-saw decanters for the cold water, I dont use sugar.
I cant seem to get the drink cold enough tho..it should be a bit colder than I manage to get it.Ive tried  prechillin the water, running it over ice thru the see-saw..still not quite cold enough

mutantcolors

Had Jubleale also. I wouldn't call it terrible by any stretch but my mind wasn't blown. Then again, it never really was by Jubleale, but hey the price was right.

Adam

Quote from: mutantcolors on November 16, 2012, 01:41:52 AM
Had Jubleale also. I wouldn't call it terrible by any stretch but my mind wasn't blown.

I'd agree with this.Tried it for the first time a few weeks (maybe a month) ago. Still have one left in my fridge that I can't find the motivation to finish. It wasn't terrible but can't say I was much of a fan of it.

I'll stick with Odell's Isolation Ale when in the mood for a winter warmer. That one is pretty straightforward and simple, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Soundgardenia

Adam

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mertzy

MadJohnShaft

I am going to get some Vita Coca and Cachaça and have some Caipirinha's.  I still have the bag of sugar given to me as a gift in Sau Paulo (your sugar, she is a not the right).

4 Lime wedges
2 tablespoons Sugar
Cachaça
Vita Coco Tangerine

I got some Midori yesterday, the vodka went with it good, but the white rum not so much. I will use for girly martinis.  Look, Kim Kardasian is a spokesperson. Crazy Frenchmen....

Some days chickens, some days feathers

RAGER

I enjoyed quite a lot of Double Mountain Fa la la la la on Saturday.  Outstanding winter ale from DM.
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

This drink recipe website is great.  I like the ones that are specific to one main ingredient, rather than a generic side ingredient like Triple Sec. 

http://liquor.com/recipe-type/classics/?post_type=recipe
Some days chickens, some days feathers

Soundgardenia

Never heard of caipirinhas with tangerine juice, but it does sound pretty delicious :)

Trying out the Rosé by that same brand that does the Vinho verde I was drinking the other day... It's not bad for the price... Not sweet at all, pretty refreshing.