What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJohnShaft

Arizona Iced Tea added a Cherry Lime Rickey flavor, just add Gin I guess.

Ingredients

6 fresh cherries, pitted
    1/2 lime, cut into 3 wedges
    Simple syrup
    3 ounces gin
    1 cup crushed ice

Directions

Put the cherries, lime, and sugar into a large rocks glass. Muddle the fruit and sugar by pressing them with a pestle or a wooden spoon until juicy and fragrant. Add the gin and crushed ice. Cover with a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously, or stir, until combined and chilled, about 30 seconds. (In general, by the time the shaker mists up the drink is ready.) Serve.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

Lumpy

I've never had a Lime Rickey with booze, but the non-alcoholic version I had was disgusting.

For one thing, cherry and lime don't go together.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

I,Galactus

Quote from: Lumpy on November 20, 2012, 04:31:37 PMFor one thing, cherry and lime don't go together.

Sez you.  8 jillion SONIC customers can't be wrong.

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Lumpy

I've only had one Lime Rickey (from that 24 hour place in the East Village that sells egg creams, egads I'm losing cred and memory at the same time) but it was awful.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

MadJohnShaft

Metal and Beer

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on November 20, 2012, 10:06:53 AM

MMMM High Fuctose KoRn Syrup and Corporate Chemicals <3. I'm sending Cris Carter to your house for Thanksgiving.
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Adam

MMMM High Fuctose KoRn Syrup and Corporate Chemicals <3. I'm sending Cris Carter to your house for Thanksgiving.

The only fruit associated with that drink is the person drinking it.

Soundgardenia

Back to the ciders... This one is a little bland... Meh.
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

RAGER

Some of what I'll be enjoying tomorrow
No Focus Pocus

Chovie D

Beers:

Beers i cannot get that make me cry: New Glarus, Kindl, Sprecher, Brooklyn chocolate Stout  :'( :'( :'(

RAGER

Rochefort 10 very nice but I cannot do SnowCap.  icky.
No Focus Pocus

Chovie D

I have a 12ver of that, its the everyday "gettin drunk" beer, the others are the fine ones.

what dont you like aboot it?

There is a rochefort 12 by the way, and its incredible, but its hard to find in the USA.

RAGER

Just recently I was associated with Washington's best bottle shop (voted by some beer organization) and they couldn't get the 12 but i'd bet the owners have some cellared.  no way I could talk them oot of any.

To be honest, I haven't had Snowcap in the last few years because it was soooo bad the last time I had it.  Something just happens to the great beers that get mass produced.  Seen it happen with Jubelale, Ebenezer, and a couple Widmers.  if you want a good mid priced everyday beer available right now I would suggest Sierra Nevada Celebration.  It's really good this year.  2 years ago it wasn;t very good but this year it is.
No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

This is what I got for tomorrow:

Lazy Bones cab from Cali... Never tried it before
Moulin de Beauséjour merlot from France.. Also me never tried before
Amour de Paris peach sparkling wine... It works awesome with orange juice, so that's what I'm having for breakfast
Evenus, Zinfandel port from Cali... Curious about port's that aren't from Portugal....
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

Chovie D

Quote from: RAGER on November 21, 2012, 07:12:25 PM
Just recently I was associated with Washington's best bottle shop (voted by some beer organization) and they couldn't get the 12 but i'd bet the owners have some cellared.  no way I could talk them oot of any.

To be honest, I haven't had Snowcap in the last few years because it was soooo bad the last time I had it.  Something just happens to the great beers that get mass produced.  Seen it happen with Jubelale, Ebenezer, and a couple Widmers.  if you want a good mid priced everyday beer available right now I would suggest Sierra Nevada Celebration.  It's really good this year.  2 years ago it wasn;t very good but this year it is.

Cheers! I forgot,  i have a sixer of celebration also! Snowcap can be a bit cloyingly sweet...other than that i find a good cold weather brew.

Soundgardenia

Just downed half a bottle of this with my neighbor

It has some sort of a vanilla after taste...

Chovie D

damn  :o

better warn dirty pillows her guest is gonna be smashed ;)

Soundgardenia

Her guest has the alcohol tolerance of an old russian man :)

The tequila was last night... mimosas are for this morning, the wine is for the actually dinner :)

Instant Dan

Instant Dan

MadJohnShaft

Negroni Cocktail

Campari is the key to this great short gin cocktail that makes one of the best aperitifs. The Negroni can be an acquired taste that some people love while others will not. The nice thing about this Campari drink is that the sweet vermouth offsets the bitterness of the Italian spirit.

It is widely believed that this drink was created and named for Count Cammillo Negroni in the 1920's when he ordered an Americano with gin at Cafe Casoni in Florence, Italy. The Negroni can also be shaken and served in a cocktail glass with a lemon twist.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 oz sweet vermouth
1 1/2 oz Campari
1 1/2 oz gin
Orange slice or twist for garnish
Preparation:

Pour the ingredients into an old-fashioned glass with ice cubes.
Stir well.
Garnish with the orange slice.

juggernaut

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on November 25, 2012, 08:41:02 PM

Negroni Cocktail

Campari is the key to this great short gin cocktail that makes one of the best aperitifs. The Negroni can be an acquired taste that some people love while others will not. The nice thing about this Campari drink is that the sweet vermouth offsets the bitterness of the Italian spirit.

It is widely believed that this drink was created and named for Count Cammillo Negroni in the 1920's when he ordered an Americano with gin at Cafe Casoni in Florence, Italy. The Negroni can also be shaken and served in a cocktail glass with a lemon twist.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 oz sweet vermouth
1 1/2 oz Campari
1 1/2 oz gin
Orange slice or twist for garnish
Preparation:

Pour the ingredients into an old-fashioned glass with ice cubes.
Stir well.
Garnish with the orange slice.

I love me a good negroni.  I'm a big Campari fan in general but I feel like I'm the only person on earth who drinks it these days. 

Soundgardenia

Desertblues

Given it's 41C, (thats 106F) today, I'm on my 9th

and I feel as sober as when I woke up.

Adam

Enjoyed one of these last night.