What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soundgardenia

On my second cup of shitty coffee from two different coffee shops.
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

Soundgardenia

Had two bottles of this last night with dinner:

And bringing this

(As per Rager's suggestion)

And also bringing this to Christmas lunch today:

Along with a bunch of desserts.
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

RAGER

Got a bottle of that Darkhorse in a gift basket from a friend who is a wine steward.  he said the color is really something to behold also.
No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

We ended up not opening it because of this

I had to take a pic of the label because it was one of the most delicious beers I've ever tasted and I know I wouldn't remember the name.

The prosecco was pretty good!

MichaelZodiac

GOOD STUFF INDEED!

If you ever come across Oude Beersel or Boon, each has a Geuze that will knock you off your feet. The Boon brewery especially has some varieties not be missed, e.g. Geuze Marriage Parfait (made from mixing the best barrels).
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Soundgardenia

Gotta try to find those... I love beer too much  ::)

juggernaut

Quote from: juggernaut on September 11, 2012, 12:36:03 PM

Quoting myself for Soundgardenia.  Glad someone else loves this beer as much as I do.  Every other person I've had try it is pretty meh about it but it's like crack to me.  I will drink the whole bottle in like 15 minutes. 

Soundgardenia

Yes, it's dangerously delicious, therefore, easily chuggable.
People that are "meh" about it probably lack taste buds.

The Bandit

Quote from: Soundgardenia on November 30, 2012, 06:15:51 PM

Having this with Mr Tom Oz

Did it come in the felt bag?  I used one of those for years to carry my CD's to work.

Soundgardenia

Quote from: The Bandit on December 28, 2012, 12:09:59 PM
Did it come in the felt bag?  I used one of those for years to carry my CD's to work.

Yep!

Adam

Been a want of mine for too long but Founders has always been outside my market so never been able to try it. Finally got a bottle and living up to the hype.

RAGER

Drinkn this Finnriver from way up here in the PacNW.  Super kill and dry hopped Apple Cider from heirloom apples.  Dry and tart.  this my new fave.  Don't know if you can get this outside of here but.....damn!

No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

Can't find decent cider in LA... it's frustrating... I miss Portland just because of the cider abundance.   :'(

Dunedin

I'm having a wee Moscow Mule right now. I don't have any plans for tonight so just going to stay in and drink. Once i get back to work I'm knocking the drinking on the head again for at least a couple of months.
Lemur Demands Back Scratches!

RAGER

Yep, I'm gonn chill on the booze a bit too.
No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

Got a couple of these for tonight:

Dunedin

I do like a good Cava, but I'm on the amaretto's now.
Lemur Demands Back Scratches!

khoomeizhi

Homemade chaga-shiitake mead. It's black and tastes like an awesome flat porter.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

Soundgardenia

That cider that Rager posted has been haunting me, so I went to the store and grabbed the only decent cider they had there:

peoplething

it's kinda close to hop slam, but no cirtrus

surly is a local brewery that all-in-all is pretty damn good if you're a hop head.
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

RAGER

The question is what am I not drinking?
No Focus Pocus

Adam

Started off with a 90 Schilling from Odell. Now onto the latest wild ale from Crooked Stave, L'Brett D'Or and then CS's Saison Vieille Artisanal.

mutantcolors

Longhammer in a can and pretty fucking happy about it.

RAGER

Last night for my girls birthday we ended the evening with a nice bottle of actual champagne.  not sparkling wine or prosecco but champagne.

At $60 is wasn't the most expensive or the cheapest by far.  Very nice.

No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

Nice!

Went to a tavern last night and had this from the draft:

It was pretty decent.