What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Quote from: Adam on January 19, 2013, 07:36:05 PM

Colorado just started getting Goose Island this past year. Unfortunately, Bourbon County Barrel Aged Stout was not included in the lineup that came out. Hopefully next year because this beer is delicious (got this one as part of my mail order I made about a month ago).

Oh fuck yeah.  that's some shit right there!!
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

Quote from: juggernaut on January 16, 2013, 03:40:21 PM
Quote from: Soundgardenia on December 30, 2012, 11:44:04 PMCan't find decent cider in LA... it's frustrating... I miss Portland just because of the cider abundance.   :'(

I'm not sure if this is any decent or not but my wife just sent me this article and while on lunch break I found a liquor store that sold them and I picked up two different bottles of it.  Can't wait to try it out.

http://citypaper.com/eat/in-cider-trading-1.1426621

The best news is that I found another top notch liquor store to frequent.  I had never been to this one before and I was blown away. It had an amazing variety of top shelf EVERYTHING.  On a whim I decided to ask if they had one of my favorite but almost impossible to find beers.  Sure enough guy points over my shoulder and I see this beauty waiting for me.  Picked up two bottles. Soundgardenia, if you like the Leifmans you should try to give this one a shot.  It's definitely more sour but so good.

I must try the ciders from the article and that beer!
If you happen to come across it, try El Gaitero (from northern Spain). It was the first cider I've ever tried and still one of my favorites.
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

mutantcolors

I got a 4 pak of them there Myrcenaries. It's liquid gold, man.

juggernaut

Quote from: Soundgardenia on January 19, 2013, 10:02:19 PM
Quote from: juggernaut on January 16, 2013, 03:40:21 PM
Quote from: Soundgardenia on December 30, 2012, 11:44:04 PM
Can't find decent cider in LA... it's frustrating... I miss Portland just because of the cider abundance.   :'(

I'm not sure if this is any decent or not but my wife just sent me this article and while on lunch break I found a liquor store that sold them and I picked up two different bottles of it.  Can't wait to try it out.

http://citypaper.com/eat/in-cider-trading-1.1426621

The best news is that I found another top notch liquor store to frequent.  I had never been to this one before and I was blown away. It had an amazing variety of top shelf EVERYTHING.  On a whim I decided to ask if they had one of my favorite but almost impossible to find beers.  Sure enough guy points over my shoulder and I see this beauty waiting for me.  Picked up two bottles. Soundgardenia, if you like the Leifmans you should try to give this one a shot.  It's definitely more sour but so good.

I must try the ciders from the article and that beer!
If you happen to come across it, try El Gaitero (from northern Spain). It was the first cider I've ever tried and still one of my favorites.

I'll have to keep an eye out for the El Gaitero.  Unfortunately those ciders from that article weren't very good or at least to my palette. Def a bummer because I really wanted them to be good.  At least I found a place that sells Petrus so overall it wasn't a wasted effort.

Soundgardenia

Not very good how? Too maple-ish? Too fizzy? Not fizzy enough?
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

juggernaut

Quote from: Soundgardenia on January 22, 2013, 03:12:47 PM
Not very good how? Too maple-ish? Too fizzy? Not fizzy enough?

Well two of the three varieties they sell are what the brewer said were called "stills" which means no carbonation at all.  I tried one of those (winesap) and it basically tasted like white wine left out in the sun.  Not very appealing.

The brewer told me that they had one that had naturally occurring carbonation (ciderberry) so I took one of the unopened bottles and exchanged it for that version.  That one was decent but the carbonation was still almost nonexistent.  At $15 a bottle it wasn't something I would buy again.

RAGER

Lemon drops with fresh lemons (of course) satsumas, simple syrup, cognac, and Blueberry Stoli.

\What's to show?
No Focus Pocus

Adam

Quote from: RAGER on January 19, 2013, 08:12:33 PM

Oh fuck yeah.  that's some shit right there!!

Definitely is. Bought a few bottles of this stuff a month or so ago and now down to my last one. It deserves the hype it gets and maybe even then some.

Adam

Its been a night of favorites.

SaintandWino

Quote from: Jor el on October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

I'm downing some Rye.
I went with the Bulleit.

Newcastle brown ale all day
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and right now I am all out of bubblegum!!

khoomeizhi

testing out an experimental molasses-ginger wine at its first racking. not bad.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

black aspirin

I'm drinking Vodka Tonics for like the 666th night in a row.  Although I'm a huge fan of a Bloody Mary (but that's a drink I can only start the night with; maybe two...I can't imagine actually getting drunk on them).  I just picked up a case of Bakon Vodka...commercially produced, bacon-infused vodka, for using to make a Bloody Mary or other drinks.  Gonna try it out for the first time at home tomorrow (Oklahoma just got approved to carry the brand recently).  There's an awesome burger joint here in OKC that infuses their own vodka drinks, one of them being a bacon Bloody Mary, and it's delicious.  I had one made with this commercial version when I was in St. Louis, and it was great.

I might post some pics in the next few days of how I concocted it.  It's gonna be great.
This Juan goes to 11.

mortlock

khoomeizhi

jeez, mort, do you not read jacky's posts, or something. stonerrocklives vodka-infusing queen.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

Lumpy

Six Point Diesel, very delicious.

Sam Adams seasonal, pretty good. I've never tried a Sam Adams beer that I've hated (but I've avoided buying the blackberry and cherry wheat varieties, so who knows).

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Adam

You try that Sixpoints 3Beans, Lumpy? That beer sounds pretty damn tasty and right up my alley.

Currently enjoying a Hop Rod Rye....this beer only gets better everytime I drink it.

Lumpy

I haven't seen the 3 Beans for sale anywhere, yet.

I see that Bear Republic beer though, I guess I should check it out.

lftwng4

We got some of that 3 Beans, but haven't tried it yet.  Sixpoint has yet to disappoint.

Adam

I noticed that the 3Beans is like 10%....not sure I am familiar with another porter that has such a high alcohol content.

Lumpy

Not my photo

It's good, a little different. I'm not sure if I understand what I'm tasting, to be honest.

Pistil — Stop and smell the petals Pistil is a beer unlike any other, brewed with a combination of dandelion petals, Pale and Acidulated malts, flaked oats, and Apollo and Northern Brewer hops that results in a one-of-a-kind beer with a slightly sour acidity and a smooth malt body. Perfect for taking down deep thirst.

Adam

I just read something about New Belgium about to do a collaboration for the next round of Lips of Faith offerings that is going to be a beer brewed with dandelion. Who would have thought that would become an ingredient used in beerS?

My favorite thing from Deschutes. Love this beer and wish it was a regular offering and not just a seasonal.

Soundgardenia

I,Galactus

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Soundgardenia

ooooh... i like the way that foam looks...  :-*