What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

Instant Dan

black aspirin

No pics of the process yet, but I had two great Blood Marys tonight...with Bakon vodka (bacon-infused, obviously), some Zing Zang bloody mary mix, some Chipotle Tabasco sauce, half-a-lime, a tiny bit of Liquid Smoke, and plenty of pepper.  Really good shit.  And then it was on to VodkaTonics, my favorite for getting hammered.
This Juan goes to 11.

mortlock

i still cant get past the bacon flavored vodka..does not sound like a good time to me..sounds like a long night praying to the toilet god..

black aspirin

Quote from: mortlock on February 16, 2013, 02:40:14 AM
i still cant get past the bacon flavored vodka..does not sound like a good time to me..sounds like a long night praying to the toilet god..

It's only for having a Bloody Mary, which I can't imagine getting drunk off of anyway...they're nice with a meal or to kick off the night, but I never have more than two of them.  The Vodka Tonics were obviously mixed with standard vodka (Svedka, which is a pretty good vodka for the price).
This Juan goes to 11.

black

"...The Vodka Tonics were obviously mixed with standard vodka (Svedka, which is a pretty good vodka for the price)."

I'm no expert/connoisseur, but I have found that most cheap vodkas taste a lot like iodine.
Svedka?
Not so much.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

black aspirin

Quote from: black on February 18, 2013, 10:43:44 AM
"...The Vodka Tonics were obviously mixed with standard vodka (Svedka, which is a pretty good vodka for the price)."

I'm no expert/connoisseur, but I have found that most cheap vodkas taste a lot like iodine.
Svedka?
Not so much.

It's pretty good for the price...I drink too much of the stuff to be picking up Grey Goose or Ketel One, haha.
This Juan goes to 11.

I,Galactus

Svedka?
Not so much.

What's your flavorless flavor of choice, brother black? 

I haven't bought the stuff in years, but when I did, I'd typically spring for Stoli, because it's fun to over-pronounce.  DA, STOLICHNAYA.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

khoomeizhi

ol' wodka is a ways down my personal list of preferred poisons, but i would probably go for luksusowa if i was currently in the market. decent price (compares with svedka), good quality, 100% potato.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

mertzy

I just bought this monster 1.75L bottle of Ciroc. He helped me for free with a dent in my car bumper...he saved me about $500.

khoomeizhi

...that bootle is a 'he' and helped fix you bumper? does sound like a good brand. price?
let's dispense the unpleasantries

black

Quote from: I,Galactus on February 18, 2013, 12:18:02 PM

Svedka?
Not so much.

What's your flavorless flavor of choice, brother black? 

I haven't bought the stuff in years, but when I did, I'd typically spring for Stoli, because it's fun to over-pronounce.  DA, STOLICHNAYA.

Gotta say I really love a chilled Grey Goose. So smooth.
Dig on the Stoli for much the same reason you do. Especially fun with Hispanic liquor clerks.
Absolut and Skyy are cool when the funds are low. last Xmas my dad gave me an enormous bottle of the Costco brand vodka. Said it was made in France (G. Goose distillery perhaps?) and damn, it was some smooth ass stuff. I don't belong to the Costco, so I don't know the $$ of that stuff (Kirkland or something?)

Despite my strong, Dutch heritage, I never developed a taste for Ketel One. Had that iodine-y taste (to me at least) that the cheap stuff has. And you made me laugh, black aspirin. I couldn't have said it any better myself!

I really want to try some of this though;

Have you tried it I, Galactus (or anyone else?)

mertzy

Quote from: khoomeizhi on February 19, 2013, 10:16:47 AM...that bootle is a 'he' and helped fix you bumper? does sound like a good brand. price?
Oh shit I meant to say that I bought it for my neighbor because he fixed my bumper! It was about $50

MichaelZodiac

Right now: Coke out of a can. Still a favorite, I'll get a can even if we have plastic bottles because I like how it tastes.

Vodka/Wodka: Zubrowka with apple juice all day/night long.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

black

Well you are a lucky duck (and i guess not living in the u.s.a.). The real Zubrowka is banned in the U. S. because it contains coumarin, which showed hepatotoxic effects in rats. There's some watered down, artificially flavored stuff on the U.S. market now called, Zu. Haven't tried or seen it, but imagine it pales to the real deal.

MichaelZodiac

I live in Belgium and since Poland is a part of the EU, there's free trade of goods between the countries. I wish I would have bought a bottle when I was in Poland with my class when I was 16 but I was very hardcore punk and thus straight edge so no vodka. Man, I was missing out. Other kids bought bottles though, love our legal drinking age of 16 and no-checking-ID mentality.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

black aspirin

Quote from: black on February 19, 2013, 12:27:05 PMI really want to try some of this though;

Have you tried it I, Galactus (or anyone else?)

Haha, weird timing.  I tried that when my Dad bought me a huge bottle of it for Christmas; had never heard of it before.  Yeah, I thought it was pretty smooth!  Don't know the cost, but I would definitely drink it again (I always try a shot first; when you drink vodka tonics, it's not really as important to have high-quality stuff).

I liked the fact that it comes from Austin, too.  
This Juan goes to 11.

I,Galactus

I've heard good stuff about that there Tito's but haven't tried it.

The only cheap yet decent French vodka I've had is Pinnacle.  Good enough for mixed drinks, but I wouldn't line up shots of it with a Russky or anything.

I don't get the whole infusion craze.  Aside from trying some ABSOLUT PEPPAR (intentional misspelling makes it classy) in a bloody mary, it all seems like gilding the booze-soaked lily.  Maybe that marshmallow shit is a real panty dropper?   ???
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

black aspirin

Quote from: I,Galactus on February 19, 2013, 04:18:55 PMI don't get the whole infusion craze.  Aside from trying some ABSOLUT PEPPAR (intentional misspelling makes it classy) in a bloody mary, it all seems like gilding the booze-soaked lily.  Maybe that marshmallow shit is a real panty dropper?   ???

Like you, I don't get it in regard to all the fruity stuff.  But I will concur that Absolut Peppar is great for a bloody mary; you should definitely try Bakon Vodka for one, though.  Mmmmm.
This Juan goes to 11.

I,Galactus

Is that burger joint with the bacon bloodies you mentioned S&B's perhaps?  Drove by there the other day and my better half pointed out that their logo looks exceptionally weed friendly.  :)

black aspirin

Quote from: I,Galactus on February 19, 2013, 04:44:40 PM
Is that burger joint with the bacon bloodies you mentioned S&B's perhaps?  Drove by there the other day and my better half pointed out that their logo looks exceptionally weed friendly.  :)

Dude, you gotta go there.  That looks like the one near downtown, but I go to the original one that's just South of 63rd and May (in the building that's in the Northeast corner of Best Buy parking lot).  Bacon-infused, beef jerky-infused, cucumber-infused and more.  Best bloody mary in town, by a mile.  The burgers are amazing, too...all very out-there (Elvis burger with peanut butter, for instance).

Hit me up; we'll meet up there sometime.  The one on May tends to play a LOT of great music, particularly classic punk rock (Ramones, Misfits, DK, etc.).  The owner is really cool.
This Juan goes to 11.

black

I like the fact that Tito's is made in Austin as well and I really like the fact that black aspirin's Father, much like mine, gives him booze for a gift!

That S&B's looks pretty boss as well. You cats are in Oklahoma? Might have to check that out next time I'm rolling on I-40.

*cheers!*

black aspirin

That was the first time he had bought me liquor (he doesn't drink).  It only took me 41 years, but I'm finally a man!  :D

Here's the link to S&B Burger Joint...you can download the burger menu or the Bloody Mary one (they're PDF's). 

http://sandbburgersokc.com/

Here's a pic of the Bloody Bacon. 

This Juan goes to 11.

yeezuz

Quote from: black on February 19, 2013, 06:16:43 PM
I like the fact that Tito's is made in Austin as well and I really like the fact that black aspirin's Father, much like mine, gives him booze for a gift!

That S&B's looks pretty boss as well. You cats are in Oklahoma? Might have to check that out next time I'm rolling on I-40.

*cheers!*
Titos is the vodka of choice in my house , if I hadn't already drank do much I would tell you it's only $32 for a handle.

black

Nice to know!

This thread got my curiosity going and I actually scored some last night. It was just a few bucks cheaper than what y'all are paying, xina, but it's really smooth and I dig it.

To hell with the utility bill this month!
Fancy pants vodka!!