What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yeezuz

Quote from: black on February 20, 2013, 02:04:05 PM
Nice to know!

This thread got my curiosity going and I actually scored some last night. It was just a few bucks cheaper than what y'all are paying, xina, but it's really smooth and I dig it.

To hell with the utility bill this month!
Fancy pants vodka!!
the price difference just pissed me right off, i live up the street from them and i pay more. oh well still my favorite and it's better than the other Austin vodka (Dripping Springs).

Lumpy

Brooklyn Brewery Dry Irish Stout

It's dry alright -- not sweet whatsoever. Oddly enough, it's not very flavorful. It tastes a little bit like Grandpa's attic. Maybe my palate isn't sophisticated enough to like this style. Would not buy again.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Adam

Not a fan of Irish Dry Stouts either. Same complains as you.

MadJohnShaft

Homemade Chicha Morada - delicious!

You can make it alcoholic with Rum, Red Wine, or Cachaça

Some days chickens, some days feathers

Adam

Lumpy

Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA. So easy going down, it practically drank itself.

Adam

Racer 5 is a nice IPA.

Just discovered Goose Island's Sofie the other week. It's better with some age on it so that the brett can continue to mature but still mighty fine fresh. Enjoying a fresh one right now.

Volume

A cool cider is nice after sauna.

Lumpy

Sixpoints 3bean. Strong... 10% ABV. Lordy. It goes down fast.

RAGER

Had this 2008 Samichlaus last night.  Just....WOW.  Amazing..

No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

To celebrate the death to the Irish I bought some Bushnells yesterday - not bad in a rocker glass with on of my new Giant Ice Cubes

Some days chickens, some days feathers

Adam

Got one of these and probably gonna crack in a few. Curious to try a brown ale with some coffee beans and cocoa nibs. In theory, it should be delicious.

RAGER

Port Brewing can do no wrong
No Focus Pocus

Adam

Yeah, this Port beer is not letting down.

crissgill

I am quite health conscious person,so i always try my best to eat healthy and pure stuff.Also i stay away from drinking and drinks juices,plain water instead of drinking.

Volume

The most expensive beer I've ever bought, 26€. It's good, but not great. 10,5% is a bit too much and apparently I'm not a big fan of beer that's been aged in oak casks, bourbon in this case.

Oh, well, getting drunk tonight. ;)

RAGER

Quote from: crissgill on March 22, 2013, 12:46:21 AM
I am quite health conscious person,so i always try my best to eat healthy and pure stuff.Also i stay away from drinking and drinks juices,plain water instead of drinking.

So put your favorite juice on the glass or shut up aboot it.
No Focus Pocus

khoomeizhi

^straight up

currently sipping on a bit of chilled homemade rooibos/lime/ginger mead. dry, just a little sour. started it last spring with drinking it cold on a hot-ass summer day in mind, just bottled it last weekend. gonna be awesome in august (will probably tighten up flavor-wise with a few months of aging, anyway).
let's dispense the unpleasantries

Soundgardenia

Drinking just some plain old jack and coke.... The move is leaving me with no money left for fancy beer or delicious ciders :(

(Which might also be the reason why I lost a jean size in just the past 3 weeks)
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

Jor el

Drinking some kind of Abita dealio.
What Would Scooby Do ?

I,Galactus

Quote from: Jor el on March 22, 2013, 08:20:40 PM

Drinking some kind of Abita dealio.

Them loosianans make some purty good suds.  Their amber is a good fallback.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Adam

Been an Odell night for me and now on some 90 Schilling.

Adam

Quote from: Volume on March 22, 2013, 03:26:04 PM

The most expensive beer I've ever bought, 26€. It's good, but not great. 10,5% is a bit too much and apparently I'm not a big fan of beer that's been aged in oak casks, bourbon in this case.

Oh, well, getting drunk tonight. ;)

Never had that one but have come to love bourbon barrel aged stouts. Love bourbon, love stouts, so its a nice marriage for me.

As for 10.5%, I have come to appreciate a little booziness from such big stouts, personally. What I have found is that is the brewers ability to make that kind of thing work that makes the difference. I have tried some 8% beers where the booziness was too much and killed it the beer, then I had some beers well over 10% where the alcohol was hidden well.

I,Galactus

Quote from: Adam on March 22, 2013, 10:26:32 PM
Never had that one but have come to love bourbon barrel aged stouts. Love bourbon, love stouts, so its a nice marriage for me.

Best one of those i've had:

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Adam

Gotta give my vote to these two bourbon barrel aged gems. I can't pick one over the other.

I dig the regular Old Rasputin so would love to try the barrel aged version, but so far I have gotten turned off by the price. Stuff costs no less than $23 a bottle around here, when Parabola comes at around $15 I can sometimes struggle with spending so much more for a beer that I can only hope I will enjoy as much as it. I am sure it's great though.