What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mutantcolors

Quite enjoying this, though it's not really a standout in any way. Their Trout Slayer is one of my all time favorites. I could drink that stuff by the case and be very happy about it.

Instant Dan

Quote from: Lumpy on March 15, 2013, 01:18:43 PM
Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA. So easy going down, it practically drank itself.

I've seen that along with their XP Pale Ale in the Grocery store where I get my Mix-N-Match six packs. I guess i'll finally give them a try.

Volume

Quote from: Adam on March 22, 2013, 10:26:32 PM
Quote from: Volume on March 22, 2013, 03:26:04 PM

The most expensive beer I've ever bought, 26€. It's good, but not great. 10,5% is a bit too much and apparently I'm not a big fan of beer that's been aged in oak casks, bourbon in this case.

Oh, well, getting drunk tonight. ;)

Never had that one but have come to love bourbon barrel aged stouts. Love bourbon, love stouts, so its a nice marriage for me.

As for 10.5%, I have come to appreciate a little booziness from such big stouts, personally. What I have found is that is the brewers ability to make that kind of thing work that makes the difference. I have tried some 8% beers where the booziness was too much and killed it the beer, then I had some beers well over 10% where the alcohol was hidden well.

I agree stouts and other full bodied beers should have some booziness, but in this case it was a bit too much, or maybe if I didn't have to drink the whole champagne bottle by my self. :) I'm not a huge fan of bourbon, but I do like a good stout. I haven't tried that many barrel aged beers, but Innis and Gunn come to mind and they have some of the same sweet, vanilla vibe that I'm not too fond of.

It might sound like I hated the beer, but that's not the case. It was quite good, but nothing spectacular, especially not for the price.

I,Galactus

Quote from: mutantcolors on March 24, 2013, 01:02:25 AM
Quite enjoying this, though it's not really a standout in any way. Their Trout Slayer is one of my all time favorites. I could drink that stuff by the case and be very happy about it.

Big Sky does good work.  Moose Drool is great, in that it both tastes great and is called Moose Drool.

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RAGER

^^Sorry but ick!!  Too grocery store for me :-\
No Focus Pocus

mutantcolors

Yeah, we get it. You say that about every fucking beer I can think of. You are cool. You have impeccable taste. We all wish we were as refined as you. No one cares. Move along.

mutantcolors

Also, in b4 "I'm from BEER MECCA."

I,Galactus

Had a couple of these.  Pretty good, but I think I'm getting kind of ale'd out.

@ mutie, maybe chill a little?  Strokes/folks, LOLpinions, and whatnot.  RAGOR's distaste should in no way dampen your enjoyment of any of Big Sky's products.

"Ye Olde Foode Forumme - Shitstorm Free Since Whenever Libertycraps Left"
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RAGER

Quote from: mutantcolors on March 27, 2013, 02:27:43 AM
Also, in b4 "I'm from BEER MECCA."

My taste is my fucking taste and my opinion is my fucking opinion and compared to what is available to me, that is complete shit water.  Cunt.  Fuck. 

Ever heard of an opinion??

No Focus Pocus

mutantcolors

Yeah. You make your perceived superiority of yours known, frequently and loudly.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

black

No (food) Fighting In The Food Forums!

(that's what gen disc is for. kinda)
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

Chovie D

you cant have a beer thread without fighting and "beer snobbery"...I don think the brewers guild allows it.
*I am an admitted beer snob so no ofense meant to any parties involved.

black

O.K. I'll admit to the wisdom in your statement.

Lumberjack.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

Lumpy

All valid opinions, although they lack the proper glassware  ::)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Adam

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

I,Galactus

Found out tonight that I can't get LAGUNITAS in Oklahoma. 

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

RAGER

I am sooo sorry but I'm not surprised.
No Focus Pocus

Instant Dan

A Co-Worker of mine is an Okie and told me he has to drive across state lines just to get Fat Tire.

I,Galactus

Quote from: Instant Dan on March 28, 2013, 01:16:17 AM
A Co-Worker of mine is an Okie and told me he has to drive across state lines just to get Fat Tire.

Yup, no new belgium either.  Not a huge disappointment there, but the weird-ass liquor laws here are really starting to bum me out.

• All beer sold cold is 3.2% ABV
  • All full test beer must be sold hot at separate package stores
  • Unless you're getting beer on draft, then it varies as to where the beer comes from?
  • No sales on Sunday

As a result of all this retardation, many fine purveyors of sudsy goodness refuse to do business here.  

Can't say I blame 'em but sux for me.  :'(

RAGER

Shitfuck!!  I don't remember.  Did you just move to okie for work or some shit?  Cuz that shits ain't cool.  The finer things in life make the mundane things bearable.  I think I'd go nuts if i couldn't get a decent beer.  And this no booze sales on Sunday is obviously indicative of a suppressed right wing christian influence and fuck that noise in both ears.
No Focus Pocus

I,Galactus

Quote from: RAGER on March 28, 2013, 11:23:04 AM
Shitfuck!!  I don't remember.  Did you just move to okie for work or some shit?  Cuz that shits ain't cool.  The finer things in life make the mundane things bearable.  I think I'd go nuts if i couldn't get a decent beer.  And this no booze sales on Sunday is obviously indicative of a suppressed right wing christian influence and fuck that noise in both ears.

Exactamundo on all counts.  There is surprisingly decent beer to be had though, and it's mostly stuff I wouldn't have tried before.  Full Sail, North Coast, and Unibroue have been stocking my fridge of late and I've found at least one great gastropub / beer bar type place. 

It's just weird hearing "Nope, Lagunitas won't ship us any because everyone knows this is a bud light state."  :-\

Chovie D

Quote from: Lumpy on March 27, 2013, 07:38:12 PM
All valid opinions, although they lack the proper glassware  ::)

^THIS!!

wow, those are some barbaric beer laws they got in OK.

Sierra Nevada Bigfoot clocks in at about 12%

RAGER

No Focus Pocus