What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

I have not ha d enough oh shiner beer. Gotta remedy that.
No Focus Pocus

Adam

Only Shiner I have had is their F666 Farmhouse that was the spring seasonal.

I liked it much the same way I liked Yuengling Lager (which was all I ever drank when I lived in Philly)....a solid cheap, sessionable brew with a decent but weak flavor to it. Works great in social situations where you just want something that goes down easy and enjoyably while being "cheap" and sessionable.

Cheap is obviously a relative term....cheap compared to most craft brews, not cheap like the macro's.

RAGER

I like a good Czech Pils and a good lager
No Focus Pocus

Demon Lung

I find most Czech pils to be too bitter. A good pils is German warsteiner on tap. It's not the same in America but the German one went down like water. The best beer comes from these monks up in andechs or something like that. It's a monestary on top of a mountain in Germany. It wins all the awards and everything. The best beer that I've ever had.

Adam

A hopped up Belgian styled amber with some brett from Funkwerks. I really like this one a lot.

Instant Dan

RAGER

Last night was just a few Sol's.
No Focus Pocus

Adam

A new saison from from Funkwerks that's got some nelson sauvin hops and grape muste. One of my favorites I have tried from FW.

MichaelZodiac

^^ A-fucking-pplauded. Still, it's better on tap  ;)

I need to get back into the beer tasting thing.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

EGO the Living Planet

Scored a 6er of Short's Freedom Of 76 Pure Guava IPA. Took some hunting 'cause people were buyin' out the whole store whenever they found it. Very tasty. Think I might order the Boognish pint glass off Ween.com to enjoy the last couple out of.
Merchandise keeps us in line
Common sense says it's by design
What could a businessman ever want more
than to have us sucking in his store

Lumpy

Magic Hat Elder Betty. It's a weiss bier with elderberry blah-blah-blah. Had 1/6, seemed fine. I like weiss bier, and I still don't know what elderberries taste like.

not my pic -- I always find pics online.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

lftwng4

Quote from: EGO the Living Planet on May 08, 2013, 09:17:35 AM
Scored a 6er of Short's Freedom Of 76 Pure Guava IPA. Took some hunting 'cause people were buyin' out the whole store whenever they found it. Very tasty. Think I might order the Boognish pint glass off Ween.com to enjoy the last couple out of.

Don't they make that in collaboration with another brewery, one in Chicago? 
I had some the last couple of years, it was OK, my drinking buddy really likes it.  I didn't taste any difference with the Guava.  Not available in Ohio(none of Short's beers are sold in Ohio) but I can go 1 mile over the border and usually get some.  Gotta track a sixer down for him.

RAGER

Cucumber margaritas at my mi casa esta noche

No Focus Pocus

EGO the Living Planet

Quote from: lftwng4 on May 08, 2013, 01:34:40 PM
Quote from: EGO the Living Planet on May 08, 2013, 09:17:35 AM

Don't they make that in collaboration with another brewery, one in Chicago? 
I had some the last couple of years, it was OK, my drinking buddy really likes it.  I didn't taste any difference with the Guava.  Not available in Ohio(none of Short's beers are sold in Ohio) but I can go 1 mile over the border and usually get some.  Gotta track a sixer down for him.

I believe it is collaboration with another brewery. If you let it age a little the hops die off some and the guava comes out more.

I,Galactus

Picked these up in Arkansas last week.  Hops, yo!
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RAGER

I dig Avery.  Good stuff.

Not booze but good goddamn I love this shit.  Not good for ya so Imma finna make my own with good stuff.  Fukn Gatorade.

No Focus Pocus

peoplething

had this a couple nights ago.... my god.... perfect

seriously - complete balance of malt and hops, just enough malt tang to balance out the hops, without the bitter finish.

it runs at 10%, but after four (plus) you don't feel it the next day.

i might have to divorce the wife and marry a jew

shifter - yer jewish right?.... hold me. please.

"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

EGO the Living Planet

Quote from: peoplething on May 12, 2013, 12:26:32 AM
had this a couple nights ago.... my god.... perfect

seriously - complete balance of malt and hops, just enough malt tang to balance out the hops, without the bitter finish.

it runs at 10%, but after four (plus) you don't feel it the next day.

i might have to divorce the wife and marry a jew

shifter - yer jewish right?.... hold me. please.

I'll have to keep an eye out for that. I love Rye P.A.s (totally savoring my last 6er of Sierra Nevada's Ruthless Rye) but I don't think I've ever had a double R.I.P.A.

Adam

Quote from: I,Galactus on May 11, 2013, 07:00:21 PM

Picked these up in Arkansas last week.  Hops, yo!

Can't seem to get into Avery's IPA's, though I know many love them and its just a taste thing and not a quality thing.

Still, I find Avery to be one of the most inconsistent brewers.....on one side of the table are the greats like Tweak, Oud Floris, Uncle Jacob's Stout, Ellies Brown Ale, Mephistoutales, etc, but right there on the other side are the wastes like Salvation, Karma, Out of Bounds Stout, The Reverand, etc. Sometimes trying their stuff can feel like a total crapshoot.

Adam

The most recent Crooked Stave release, a pale ale with 100% brett. Stuff's pretty great.

RAGER

I just had a Boneyard Session Ale, a Caldera Hop Hash, and a Hair of the Dog Blue Dot at The Horse Brass.  no stupid pics sorry...ppppffffft
No Focus Pocus

peoplething

just cracked one of these:

the description sounds really bizarre, but man, it's tasty.
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

the diddler

I'm having Sierra Nevada Hoptimum tonight.  Had it on tap a few weeks ago and found a 4-pack at my store today.  Holy shit