What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

Quote from: Lumpy on May 08, 2013, 09:56:09 AM
Magic Hat Elder Betty. It's a weiss bier with elderberry blah-blah-blah. Had 1/6, seemed fine. I like weiss bier, and I still don't know what elderberries taste like.

not my pic -- I always find pics online.

After further review, meh. I think I prefer beer when it's beer-flavored.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Adam

Quote from: Adam on May 12, 2013, 06:56:07 PM
Quote from: I,Galactus on May 11, 2013, 07:00:21 PM

Picked these up in Arkansas last week.  Hops, yo!

Can't seem to get into Avery's IPA's, though I know many love them and its just a taste thing and not a quality thing.

Still, I find Avery to be one of the most inconsistent brewers.....on one side of the table are the greats like Tweak, Oud Floris, Uncle Jacob's Stout, Ellies Brown Ale, Mephistoutales, etc, but right there on the other side are the wastes like Salvation, Karma, Out of Bounds Stout, The Reverand, etc. Sometimes trying their stuff can feel like a total crapshoot.

Just had my first hoppy based Avery beer that I dug....a 3.5% abv session pale ale originally called 3point5 Pale Ale.  Solid beer for the low abv, maybe its time to give their other hoppy stuff another shot?

tossom

Stella.  Good old wifebeat ;D
"Beige rock"

deleted account

now:  Brouwerij West Blonde Belgian Ale, 5.5%
next:  Pretty Things Triple Fluffy White Rabbits, 8.5%

I,Galactus

Quote from: Adam on May 26, 2013, 12:27:01 PM

Can't seem to get into Avery's IPA's, though I know many love them and its just a taste thing and not a quality thing.

Still, I find Avery to be one of the most inconsistent brewers.....on one side of the table are the greats like Tweak, Oud Floris, Uncle Jacob's Stout, Ellies Brown Ale, Mephistoutales, etc, but right there on the other side are the wastes like Salvation, Karma, Out of Bounds Stout, The Reverand, etc. Sometimes trying their stuff can feel like a total crapshoot.

Just had my first hoppy based Avery beer that I dug....a 3.5% abv session pale ale originally called 3point5 Pale Ale.  Solid beer for the low abv, maybe its time to give their other hoppy stuff another shot?

I really dig their Maharajah but I hardly ever see it anywhere.  :(
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Adam

Drinking this Colorado brew right now, and 'American ESB' from Crazy Mountain....one of the more underwhelming Colorado breweries that bottle/can their stuff, but this one I do like.

Adam

Quote from: I,Galactus on May 26, 2013, 10:12:28 PM
Quote from: Adam on May 26, 2013, 12:27:01 PM

I really dig their Maharajah but I hardly ever see it anywhere.  :(

The Maharaja is all over the shelves around here, but I guess that is a by product of being in their home state. Would have assumed it would be similar in all markets they were in though...apparently not. It also isn't a year round release though, think it only gets released 2x a year, but could be wrong.

juggernaut

Someone just introduced me to the glorious Pimm's Cup.  Been drinking them all week now.  Kind of a pain in the ass to make though.

RAGER

Try a Pimms' Wimbledon.  Add a half shot of British Gin.
No Focus Pocus

juggernaut

Quote from: RAGER on May 30, 2013, 01:42:14 PM
Try a Pimms' Wimbledon.  Add a half shot of British Gin.

I'll have to give that a try. 

Chovie D

I add a shot of vodka to my pimms cups

MadJohnShaft

Quote from: juggernaut on May 30, 2013, 01:35:45 PM
Someone just introduced me to the glorious Pimm's Cup.  Been drinking them all week now.  Kind of a pain in the ass to make though.

Someone?  Insulted.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

Adam

Between Marble Brewing and Sante Fe Brewing, some very nice beers coming out of New Mexico*, this oatmeal stout being no exception.

*La Cumbre should probably also be included there, but I have yet to try them so can't speak for them.

juggernaut

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on May 30, 2013, 08:08:13 PM
Quote from: juggernaut on May 30, 2013, 01:35:45 PM

Someone?  Insulted.

Let me rephrase.  You introduced me to the drink but the other person was the first to actually make me one.  She also showed me how to make it. 

I've been experimenting with mixers and garnishes too.  I recently tried the san pell grapefruit flavor as well as the blood orange one and they were really good.

MadJohnShaft

I just bought a new bottle of Pimms before I quit drinking in March too. ;)

I also found Celery Soda - the gross miracle ingredient for Pimms Cups - Dr Browns makes one.
\

juggernaut

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on May 31, 2013, 12:18:02 PM

I just bought a new bottle of Pimms before I quit drinking in March too. ;)

I also found Celery Soda - the gross miracle ingredient for Pimms Cups - Dr Browns makes one.
\

Dumb question but does it taste like celery?

Lumpy

MadJohnShaft

You can buy it from a store with Jews or Mexicans - I suppose if you want a fizzy bloody mary that would work too.

Sparkle Motion

I just had a Perron with Estrellsa Damm and bitter lemon. Also had a sparkling red wine while I was waiting for my to go order from the local Italian bistro. That Perron hit the spot.
"There ain't much difference between the man I wanna be and the man that I really am."

Lumpy

Did Pepsi buy them? I'm seeing this everywhere now. My local supermarket (not exactly a hotbed of gourmet food) sells it in 12-packs now. Etc.

Pissy

Actually I think San Pelligrino is owned by Nestle.  I think it's just a major marketing push.  The blood orange and grapefruit are really good.  They mix well with gin.  And tequila.
Vinyls.   deal.

MichaelZodiac

I like those lemon ones a lot, great thirst reliever when it's hot and dry.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Instant Dan

Not bad for a Kolsch.

[/img]

Adam

A local store threw a case of the 2012 batch on the shelves prior to the 2013 release coming out. Lucky for me I stopped into that store that day. Now enjoying the spoils.