What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Very nice!  I dig Blind Pig.  cheers
No Focus Pocus

Adam

Blind Pig is a solid IPA, indeed. Wouldn't expect anything less from the folks at Russian River.

RAGER

I know I've said before that Pliney is over rated.  Good solid IIpa but not the end all.  Hair of the Dog "Blue Dot"  is still one of my favorites.  super inconsistent but almost always good.
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Santa Fe Brewing Co. Pale Ale.

meh. Then again, most pale ales are "meh."
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

Not so.  I had a pale brewed with mosaic hops that was fucking phenom.  Also just had a fresh hopped oatmeal pale that was super good.
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

I'm not a a big fan of hoppy brews, esp. IPAs. I prefer malty.

Nevertheless, this is a fairly low-hops pale ale, & my wife bought it for me on my day off, so I'm drinking it.
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

I was thinking you were looking for more hop character which is what I like about the pales I mentioned.  You're more of an ESB guy or lager style beers probably.  Any winter styles beers around for you?  They're starting to make their appearance around here.  A good one to me is darkish, malty, a bit sweet with hints of cocoa and a strong hop nose and above 7%.  yum.  Two of those and a shot of Rumpleminze will warm your ass up in no time.  That and a pipe by the mantle.  Quite gentlemanly.
No Focus Pocus

Adam

Quote from: RacerX on November 11, 2013, 01:41:05 PM

I agree...not a fan of that one either. Their Imperial Java Stout on the other hand......that is a winner.

Adam

Quote from: RAGER on November 11, 2013, 12:01:22 PM
I know I've said before that Pliney is over rated.  Good solid IIpa but not the end all.  Hair of the Dog "Blue Dot"  is still one of my favorites.  super inconsistent but almost always good.

Only had Pliny The Elder, but I think its great. My favorite IIPA? No, that goes to Odell's Myrcenary...but I can't complain that such a well balanced, flavorful beer like Pliny is the one that has become the IT beer.

RacerX

Had one of these last night; absolutely terrible & vinegary. If it wasn't skunked, this is the worst Belgian brewery product I have ever had the displeasure to consume.

Livin' The Life.

RAGER

That is typical of a geuze.  Methinks you don't like sour beers of this ilk.  My Belgian palate has developed over the last several years.  i remember I went ot a Belgian fest a few years ago and the beer that everybody was raving about tasted like a barn yard to me.  I didn't know much about brettanomyces at the time.
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

All I know is tonight I'm going for the Duvel. At least it's a known quantity.

*EDIT*

Yeaaaahhhhhhh.
Livin' The Life.

Adam

I know Rager aint a fan, but I absolutely love this beer from Deschutes.

RAGER

Imma finna pick one up tonight and revisit.  I'm not expecting much.  I will report back.
No Focus Pocus

Adam

Let me know what you think. Personally, i can't get enough of it...but I also like Deschutes.

Tonight onto a good old standby of mine, some Odell IPA.

RAGER

The store I stopped at didn't have any hop trip but I did pick up the last 2 six packs of Celebration. Enjoying more than last years. Ill prolly stop at this other bottle shop Sunday or Monday and will pick up a hop trip.
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Quote from: Adam on November 11, 2013, 06:17:55 PM
Quote from: RacerX on November 11, 2013, 01:41:05 PM

I agree...not a fan of that one either. Their Imperial Java Stout on the other hand......that is a winner.

Dude, if they put this in "pub cans" (CO2 charged), it would be perfect.

Livin' The Life.

khoomeizhi

^fuck yes. minus the bud.

had redbreast 12yr after the funeral last weekend. a bunch of us did. irish deaths.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

deleted account

don't be hatin' on the Beechwood agin'

RAGER

Oooooooo I do love some redbreast.
No Focus Pocus

khoomeizhi

hope you were chasing the beer with the whiskey  :D
let's dispense the unpleasantries

deleted account

RAGER

Looks like a lot of veggies in there.  Where's the beef?
No Focus Pocus

deleted account

pork, actually.  perfect amount of veggies and meat under the tip of that fiery iceberg.  and the 20+ whole thai chiles they brung me on the side had me sweatin' like Robert Hays landing a plane in a sauna.  first time at that place.  I shall return