What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

A nice sessionable shwarzbier from Utah.

RacerX

Cheap Aussie Shiraz-Grenache blend.

Livin' The Life.

Adam

Funkwerk's Oud Bruin. Probably my favorite style for a sour.

johnny problem

RacerX

Wasatch Devastator dopplebock.

Very nice.
Livin' The Life.

Adam

I read that Wasatch just entered the Colorado market....but have yet to see them in any of my local stores.

RacerX

I definitely recommend. Sweet. smooth, chocolatey and STRONG.
Livin' The Life.

Adam

Been craving a nice helles lager recently so took a flyer on this local to Colorado helles, Pug Ryans Hideout Hells. Totally hitting the spot.

Looked for that Wasatch Dopplebock, but no luck.

Now some Odell IPA.

Instant Dan

RAGER

Picked up several of these the other day so been drinking this. OMFG!

No Focus Pocus

Beta Cloud

holiday homebrew cider.
amazing flavor. cheap. easy.
5 gallons apple juice, (no sorbates, vit-c and pasteurized ok)
5 lbs light brown sugar
1 packet 'cooper's ale yeast'
2 cinnamon sticks
a chunk of fresh ginger the size of your thumb, husk peeled and cut into 1/2in slices
1 five gallon carboy or brewing bucket and a second carboy/brewing bucket
1 airlock

add the brown sugar to 1/2 gallon of juice, warm and dissolve in a pan on the stove. add to carboy. gradually add the rest of the juice to the carboy, covering and shaking it up till it's about 4-5in from top. a pain in the ass and requires serious upper body strength. man up. add yeast packet. put airlock on top, fill it w/water or vodka, and ferment, covered w a hoodie, (light exposure will fuck w it) for 4 weeks. i use an old venom hoodie that don't fit my fat ass no more. it adds evilness.
after 4 weeks, syphon to secondary carboy/bucket. make sure to not put the syphon tube all the way down, (2-3 inches away from that nasty yeast film on bottom). add the cinnamon sticks and ginger. put airlock on and age another week.
transfer to third container and discard cinnamon and ginger, (again, no yeast). age another week. this is for 'still' cider. if you want more carbonation, add a can or two of concentrated apple juice, (no sorbates, vit-c and pastuerized is fine once again).
this isn't like that sweet woodchuck stuff, more like a nice dry brit-pub type. like blackthorn, but dryer with a kick.
bottle. drink.
call old girlfriends at 3am.
about 9% alcohol by volume.
why does it hurt when i pee?

RAGER

^^that there is a solid no fuss foolproof recipe.  Taylor it to your own with adjuncts.
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Quote from: RAGER on November 30, 2013, 12:27:35 PM
^^that there is a solid no fuss foolproof recipe.  Taylor it to your own with adjuncts.

Perhaps, but if so, it should be in the homebrewing thread, no?

Also: "tailor."
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Beta Cloud

should'a been in the brewing thread. i derped. twas the cider-
:-[
why does it hurt when i pee?

RAGER

Check this oot.  just ok. Had a few of these the other night

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Adam

Someone's a huge winter ale fan I see,

Alesmith just entered Colorado a few months ago. So far only tried their IPA which was really good. Next in line will be their Speedway Stout.

RAGER

Yes I am!  Every Alesmith I've had has been spot on. Really good brewery. Haven't seen their kegs around much though.
No Focus Pocus

Adam

Maybe 'cause they are new, I can find an Alesmith on tap somewhere around me. Hope that sticks. Also wish they would do six packs instead of bombers and 750'2.

RAGER

Have you heard of that Subpop Loser beer?
No Focus Pocus

Adam

Quote from: RAGER on December 03, 2013, 02:11:26 PM
Have you heard of that Subpop Loser beer?

No, I have not. A collaboration with a local brewery?

RAGER

Not really a collaboration but a commemoration of 25 years of Subpop.  Seattle brewery.
No Focus Pocus

Adam

Yeah, I see your post above. We get Elysian out here but not that one. Tried their Idiot Sauvin, which as a complete sucker for nelson sauvin hops I enjoyed, and Dragonstooth Oatmeal stout, which as a hater of hopped up stouts I did not.

RAGER

Had that Yulesmith the other night.  Amazing!  Try it if you can but you may not like it.  It is hoppy.
No Focus Pocus