What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

I don't have issues with hops....I just hate overly hopped stouts, which is why I am not a fan of black ales/black IPAs either (aside from Firestone Walker's Wookey Jack)

mortlock

I want one of those subpop bottles..you still have it??

RAGER

I'll dig one oot of the recycling for ya.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

it will look good next to my zappa anniversary bottle.

RAGER

Yes Lagunitas.  Wait till yall see what I bring home today.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Ok you all have waited like good little children.  Here it is.

Haven't cracked one yet.  Might wait until my buddy gets here on Sunday.  Probably keep one in my jam room.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Oak aged Belgian inspired IIPA from Ft. George Brewing.

Way killer cider.

No Focus Pocus

Adam

Not usually a fan of barrel aged ipa's but this barrel aged IIPA from Elevation Brewery, Fanboy, is really damn good.

juggernaut

Quote from: RAGER on December 10, 2013, 02:02:07 PM
Oak aged Belgian inspired IIPA from Ft. George Brewing.

Speaking of sour cherry, I just tried Leifman's Cuvee Brut for the first time and I'm loving it.  Nice change of pace from the IPA's I've been drinking recently.

RAGER

I've not had that.  I should try it.  There's just so much local stuff around that I don't usually drink imports anymore
No Focus Pocus

juggernaut

Quote from: RAGER on December 17, 2013, 01:21:31 PM
I've not had that.  I should try it.  There's just so much local stuff around that I don't usually drink imports anymore

It's definitely worth trying.  You def have a more sophisticated palate than me so it's possible it might not be your cup of tea.  I've been enjoying the heck out of it though.  Sweet, tart, and a little funk.

Speaking of sour funk, my wife surprised me with one of these last night.  Very tasty.  Reminded me a bit of Petrus Aged Pale but more dry. 

Adam

My intro to Jester King, Wytchmaker. A farmhouse rye IPA. A very nice first impression from these guys.

Adam

A mini growler from Grimm Brothers, an oak aged American brown Ale, Clever Hans. Awesome stuff, Grimm Brothers is one of Northern Colorado's hidden gems.

RAGER

Adam, if I thought I could actually participate in a beer swap thingey it would be great to swap stuff with you but I'm terrible at those things. heh.  Anyways here's a few from the last few days.

Breakside Wanderlust IPA.  Outstanding of course.  This is from their 30 facility ion Milwaukie which I haven;t been to yet.  Lots of stuff there that's not available in Portland.

This is from John Harris' new place.  John is responsible such great Deschutes beers in the past such as Bachelor Bitter, Obsidian Stout, Mirror Pond, Black Butte Porter,.....  Worked for Full Sail the last 15 years and is finally on his own.  pretty good winter IPA

I could probably give up beer completely and drink nothing but this place's cider.  it's that good.  This is one of their botanical versions.  Amazeballs

No Focus Pocus

fallen

The one on the far right hand side. Burnside Brewing "Sweet Heat" ale with apricot and scotch bonnet pepper. Drinking it out of a jar.

RAGER

Hey that's Portland beer. Where'd you get it. Their pub is right off burnside near to the site of the new red fang vid shoot and Doug fir. They have this app on the menu called the cohiba. Duck confit, crisp crepe rolled up to look like a cigar served in a crystal ashtray with some finishing salts. It's interesting.
No Focus Pocus

Adam

Quote from: RAGER on December 29, 2013, 12:19:33 PM
Adam, if I thought I could actually participate in a beer swap thingey it would be great to swap stuff with you but I'm terrible at those things. heh. 

I don't trade either. Too expensive.

lftwng4

I like to have options

[attachment deleted by admin]

Adam

I wish I had the option of some White Rajah out here in Colorado.

That said, happy to have one of my favorite beers back on the shelves. The beer formerly known as Odell Red.

Adam

Hit up Odell yesterday and grabbed a pour of Wolfpicker Pale Ale and Head for the Hills hopped up amber. Ambers aren't usually all that interesting, but Odell continually counters that trend and makes a bunch of good ones. This was no exception and one of my favorites.

(Sorry for the wacky lighting, the sun was shining directly on the camera at the time)

peoplething

you might know what's out there, but it fails.......    FAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say.

"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

RAGER

Fort George 1811 Lager.  Nums

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Kelso Pilsner, it's poop. Not really a pilsner fan, so I should have known better. Pilsner kinda sucks (maybe it's a good summer beer, I dunno).
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

lftwng4

Quote from: peoplething on January 22, 2014, 08:36:50 PM
you might know what's out there, but it fails.......    FAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say.

I scored two sixes the other day(one for a trading buddy of mine) and I've drank 2 bottles so far.  (It seems the alcohol is a bit more prevalent this year, but who knows?)
Every year, it's the same thing:  enjoyable, but overpriced and overrated. 
And next year I'll buy the same amount, drink it, and bitch about the same things.

RAGER

I have never had Hopslam and I'm not entirely sure I've had Bells beer at all.  Especially for as old a brewery it is.  I'll ask around but I do;t think it's available out here in the West.
No Focus Pocus