What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lftwng4

Bells does a good job.  They have been around forever, and it's readily available around here. 
Oberon and Two Hearted were some of the first couple beers I connected with when I started trying craft beers.  And I still think they're both solid beers and don't hesitate to get a pint if I'm somewhere that has them on tap.  Plus, Bells doesn't seem to get all caught up in pushing the envelope like many of the other small breweries do.  Not to say they don't have variants and stuff, but it's never defined them or overshadowed their regular lineup.

Adam

Colorado doesn't get Bells so only tried their stuff a couple times when I have been out in Arizona for Spring Training. Really dug 2 Hearted.

Adamdc

Hopslam has hit already? I'm so jealous of you guys that can get it. Fantastic beer!

Ive been really enjoying Lagunitas Sucks lately but I need to make a run up to Vermont to get the real stuff, HT.

lftwng4

We ran through our supply of Sucks pretty quick.  I scored 2 sixers and just finished it off last week.  Don't know if I'll see any more any time soon. 
I was at a bar last weekend and they had Sucks on tap, but their menu said it was a DIPA or a IIPA, don't remember, and it also said it clocked in at 9.3%.  I thought they were mistaken, but I didn't press the issue.  Is there a jacked up version of Sucks out there?

Lumpy

I love Oberon, it's fairly common in Chicago, East Coast not so much.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

peoplething

the hopslam really, really kills me the next day. and yeah, sixty bucks a case is frigg'n expensive.

but god I love it... #1 all time favorite beer. I picked up a case last night, might need to get another this weekend. I thought the alcohol taste was a bit milder this year.

when I grabbed hopslam last night, dude mentioned they had Surly Darkness in. Darkness is a Russian Imp. Stout that's only available in late fall. It's also damn tasty and horrendously expensive.... about a buck an ounce and only bottled in 22oz. Apparently it sold terribly in Chicago so they shipped back two pallets.

It was like christmas all over again.

"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

RAGER

I don't think they have a jacked up version of Sucks.  Probably just labeled wrong.  It's been on tap at The Horse Brass quite often here at at other beer bars.  Ever had their Hairy Eyeball?
No Focus Pocus

lftwng4

Yeah, I've had Hairy Eyeball.   Is that their barley wine?  We get a lot of Lagunitas out here, I'm a big fan.  Been to their brewpub once too, really dug their vibe.  The wife loves Censored, not the backstory so much.

Adam

Funkwerks Saison and some UFC.

peoplething

tried some of this last night.............

I'm a Maker's fan now...... so gooooood.....

RacerX

Makers has always had WAY too much vanilla flavor to it; otherwise, it's good stuff.

Does that special edition have a strong vanilla flavor?
Livin' The Life.

peoplething

that is pretty heavy on the vanilla, the cherry flavor is fairly robust too.... so it may not be what your looking for.

I'm not a big fan of the original maker's because of the alcohol burn. there's way smoother stuff out there in the same price range imo. whereas with the '46, I think the price is quite a bit more justified.

Adam

Love Makers Mark, generally the one drink that can pull me away from beer. Never tried that though. Gonna keep my eye out for it.

black

I once took a tour of the Makers Mark distillery and I stuck my finger into one of the vats of mash.

That's probably what you were tasting.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

Adam

The beer of choice for tonight. Grimm Brothers Fearless Youth, a Munich Dunkel. Great stuff, IMO.

MadJohnShaft

I couldn't replace the fancy scotch I had so I just bought one at random.

I don't like it just yet.

This is the amazing one that I just finished

Some days chickens, some days feathers

mutantcolors

An old man like you just found Laphroaig?

Also I get this for about $4.60 a bottle. It needs to be hidden in juice and soda water but it works.

Adam

Crooked Stave's Batch 60.

Really liking the current trend of hopping up these wild ales. New Belgiums Le Terroir, Crooked Stave's Hop Savant and this one, Funkwerks Brett Trois, Trinity's Red Swingling, Jester King's Wytchmaker, etc, all great beers.

Adam

A mini growler of a Belgian Oatmeal Pale Ale, Wilford, from Wit's End Brewing down in Denver.

RAGER

Went to a place called Bushwacker Cider yesterday.  They press their own there and have shit tons in bottles and on tap.

Tried the Basque Petritegi last night.  Notes of olives and a little funky.  Super good.

No Focus Pocus

mutantcolors

640 mils of half assed pilsner.

Actually 1280 mils...

MadJohnShaft

Width = 555

This stuff might be the winner. That Scotch above that starts with a B has zero peat.

This stuff below smells awesome straight but is too strong to sip. It will wake your ass up with a splash of cold water, I'm going to stick an ice cube in it for a minute or two. The verdict: splash of cold water. I have consumed no more than a thimble full. $76?!.   I had a coupon.

And have a drizzle over some ice cream.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

mutantcolors

Turns out you can see the whole bottle and no posts are affected otherwise, so width = suckmyballs.

Ayek

I've been drinking too much homemade rum. The last batch doesn't appear to be the greatest, but previous runs have been pretty good. All made from molasses and brown sugar with some cloves and peppercorns added to the bottle. No essences or whatnot added to my shine.