What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deleted account

I love the coconut component.  and the Priest album.  I couldn't find cream of coconut at Pak-n-Save so I got a can of coconut milk.

got a big jug of Sailor Jerry's and my buddy's fridge does crushed ice.

/adventuresinhousesitting

RAGER

the fuck u got agins coconut?
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Sipping on some Jack Daniel's with a tall ice water on the side.
Livin' The Life.

RacerX

Jacks with beers back tonight.

I'm skunked. %)
Livin' The Life.

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

black

You're having Icelandic bubbler tea?
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

RAGER

I just had 1/2 of a Mexican Coke.  All I need.  I'm all jacked up.  Save the rest for tomorrow.
No Focus Pocus

Instant Dan

Homemade Banana, Strawberry, Raspberry, ground flax, and Manuka honey.

RacerX

No more whiskey for awhile. Back on the Santa Fe Brewing Co. Java Stouts.
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

Although I didn't embark on a Mezcal odyssey like I said I was going to, I did have a very nice Oaxacan maguey made from a blend of different agaves as the label suggests.  Very smooth and smokey.  Single village origin as it should be.  The damn label is made from the leftover pulp.

Edited for content correction.

No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Negra Modelos. It's sooooo fucking hot, but they're helping a bit.
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

What I call a Mouse Melon Mint Cooler.

2 oz Aviation gin
1/4 oz simple syrup
Muddled mouse melons and fresh mint
3/4 oz fresh like juice
Shake with ice pour contents into glass, top with dry lime

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Stumptown cold brewed coffee.  Best......coffee........ever.  it's weird.  This coffee just tastes better. 

No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Sounds...............

...............Trendy.
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

Fucked..............

.........you can get

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

There's a Stumptown here, and I had one of their coffees once. It was amazing. Robust flavor, but no "roasted" taste like Starbucks.

RacerX

I've been doing the cold-brewed coffee in a french press since the '90s.

It's easy, relatively cheap, and I don't have to leave the house and rub elbows with the snooty folks:

Pick your beans, use French press grind, 7:1 water to coffee ratio. Let sit 12 hours at room temp, then press slowly without agitating the mix too much, pour into a new container (I usually do that through a coffee filter to ensure minimal solids in the batch). Refrigerate. Serve cold without ice or over ice for a less burly brew.

Save the grounds for your garden or to throw in HIPSTER's fat face.
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

Quote from: Lumpy on July 31, 2014, 10:52:34 PM
There's a Stumptown here, and I had one of their coffees once. It was amazing. Robust flavor, but no "roasted" taste like Starbucks.

I can't believe I've never mentioned Stumptown here.  I guess I just kinda took it for granted.  You're spot on with your description.  Their coffee just tastes better.  They're a really neat company with a cool story that does great things for the community, their employees, the growers they buy from and obviously the environment with reclamation of excess energies lessening their dependence on fossil fuels.  And just being damn good coffee too.  It's gotten too big for Duane to run so I guess they took on an investor to handle the corporate stuff. 

Duane is busy here with The Woodsman Tavern, The Woodsman Market, and his newest venture, an Italian restaurant called Ava Gene's.  I often run into him at The Horse Brass Pub where he used to be a bartender way back.  In fact a large portion of the original seed money came from the Horse Brass' late owner Don Younger to buy an espresso machine.

I knew they had a couple places in New York and a couple ion Seattle.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

I bought some Stumptown beans when I was in Seattle. Strangely enough, their coffee tastes better when I'm not the one making it.  :-\

khoomeizhi

not that surprising, there's lots of variables. they do a lot of training.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

MichaelZodiac

For some reason or another I really really like a slice of lemon in my cold brew coffee over ice. Refreshing.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Lumpy

Bell's Two Hearted Ale, found it in my local (crummy) supermarket at a reasonable price. Really good.

RAGER

Great beer from one of my all time favorite breweries, Caldera in Ashland Oregon.  Hop Hash.

Caldera's Hop Hash Ale is a partnership with Hopunion, LLC. Hop Hash is like a breakfast hash, but mashing different hop varieties instead of meat, potatoes and spices--a twist on the American-Style Strong Pale Ale using pure lupulin for bitterness, taste and aroma. This ale gets its name from pure hop lupulin extracted and scraped from the Hopunion pelletizing line. Lupulin is the glandular powder separated from the strobiles of the Humulus Lupulus (hops) plant.
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Not bad, but not as good as that Java Stout.
Livin' The Life.

MadJohnShaft

Couldn't they just buy and add some hops? I mean really.
Some days chickens, some days feathers