What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khoomeizhi

my first experiment with homebrewed asian-style rice beer. pretty fucking tasty.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

Adam

Best stuff I have tried from Prairie. $4 to $5 more expensive than it should be but good enough to keep me happy.

RacerX

Now that I've read this article, I'll be exploring Sierra Nevada & Stone Brewing's offerings...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/21/this-buds-not-for-you-bee_n_732901.html
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

It's goddamn pumpkin beer season  :-X
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

lftwng4

Quote from: RacerX on September 12, 2014, 02:29:21 PM
Now that I've read this article, I'll be exploring Sierra Nevada & Stone Brewing's offerings...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/21/this-buds-not-for-you-bee_n_732901.html

I would expect Lagunitas would want to pull out of the CBBD as well.

Adam

Quote from: RAGER on August 05, 2014, 07:58:44 PM
Great beer from one of my all time favorite breweries, Caldera in Ashland Oregon.  Hop Hash.

Caldera's Hop Hash Ale is a partnership with Hopunion, LLC. Hop Hash is like a breakfast hash, but mashing different hop varieties instead of meat, potatoes and spices--a twist on the American-Style Strong Pale Ale using pure lupulin for bitterness, taste and aroma. This ale gets its name from pure hop lupulin extracted and scraped from the Hopunion pelletizing line. Lupulin is the glandular powder separated from the strobiles of the Humulus Lupulus (hops) plant.

Just bought a sixer of their regular IPA. One beer in and I am a fan.

RAGER

Yep. Talk about a quintessential west coast ipa. Their pale is also amazing.
No Focus Pocus

Adam

RAGER

Have you tried their pale yet?
No Focus Pocus

Adam

No, not yet.

I have to drive down to Nashville to be able to get anything from Caldera. I know the shop I go to has their Pale Ale though, so its just a matter of having the time/opportunity to fit in a trip down there. 

dogfood

I've been kissing Rolling Rock bottles lately...
Problem solving whiskey!

RAGER

It's on the verge of fresh hop explosion out here.
No Focus Pocus

Omlet

I can't read beer-related the topics. I collect beer labels and stuff from US is very hard to obtain, mainly because I very rarely buy any labels. I just buy beer :D

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

RAGER

Fresh Hop!

Ft. George fresh hop IPA

No Focus Pocus

Adam

Only packaged wet hop to make it to the local shelves so far has been the new Sixpoint one, Sensi, and it wasn't anything special. Founders Breakfast Stout on the other hand....love it.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

A cherry lime Rickey

INGREDIENTS
simple syrup
Some cherries, fresh or frozen better,
Squeeze some lime juice, plus lime wedges for garnish
2 cups seltzer water
Powerful frozen gin
Some dashes bitters
Ice cubes stir in your cocktail shaker and drink

Poor some kirsch in your glass and swirl it around, new ice cubes - yes!

Some days chickens, some days feathers

RAGER

This is a fantastic pinot rose`

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I invented a pretty great cocktail today I think.  It's a take on Fernet and Coke (I rarely drink soda but.... it's good)

1.5 oz Fernet Branca on ice
juice of 1/2 lime
top with Mexican Coke with room...
float with good cold brew coffee

Great pick me up.
No Focus Pocus

Adam

Still awaiting the wet hops to arrive. We get Sixpoints Sensi Harvest but wasn't much a fan of that, as I am not into the whole session IPA thing (Founders All Day IPA being he exception).

In the meantime, some 2 Hearted....

RAGER

I've had 6 different fresh (wet hop) in the last two days and was underwhelmed by only one.
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

As a defensive move, I bought a 12 box of bottles of summery mexican XX beers to the inlaws picnic and no one drank any beer so now I have 11 watery beers left. Like Sol. Like XX Azul.

Some days chickens, some days feathers