What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beta Cloud

TRUE BELIEVER sparkling hard cider.
local New York brew.
fantastic sparkling cider with pear and pineapple aftertaste kinda' thingy happening here.
hearty apple flavor, heavy, with deep wine texture.
i love brit pub ciders and i gotta' say that strongbow and blackthorn seem weak compared to this guy.

and the grey in my beard is coming in nicely too.
why does it hurt when i pee?

RacerX

I just bought a case of on-sale Yellowtail Shiraz, so I'll be drinking off that for awhile...
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

Cheap beer is one thing.  Cheap wine?  No bueno.
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

I wasn't offering you any of my cheap wine, and I wouldn't even pour it over you if you were on fire, so don't worry your fat hipster head any further about it.
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

Funny, we just did this last week.  A guy my girl works with was singing the praises of Beringer table red he found at Costco that worked out to be a $3 a bottle if you bought the case.  I said fuck that I'm not so cheap I have to drink $3 wine.  She countered saying he and his wife know good wine so she was gonna get a bottle and we'd see.  She put 2 glasses in front of me.  One of the swill and the other was about a $15 bottle.  Wow guess what, I picked out the cheap shit and I don't really know that much about wine.  Maybe it's just the access to all the Willamette and Columbia Valley wines that have toned my palate.

Yellowtail?  Gross.  I would rather burn anyways.  Get some of that Barefoot too while you're at it.  They come in the big bottles too.
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Thanks for the recommendation—if you don't like it, there's a good chance that I will.

Oh, and: Burn, baby, burn!
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

Witty comeback from Brokedickx?

FAIL
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Ah, but you have terrible taste in food, drink, music, and humor, so in the words of Charlie Sheen...

Winning!! ;D
Livin' The Life.

black

Quote from: RAGER on January 08, 2015, 04:19:43 PM
Funny, we just did this last week.  A guy my girl works with was singing the praises of Beringer table red he found at Costco that worked out to be a $3 a bottle if you bought the case.  I said fuck that I'm not so cheap I have to drink $3 wine.  She countered saying he and his wife know good wine so she was gonna get a bottle and we'd see.  She put 2 glasses in front of me.  One of the swill and the other was about a $15 bottle.  Wow guess what, I picked out the cheap shit and I don't really know that much about wine.  Maybe it's just the access to all the Willamette and Columbia Valley wines that have toned my palate.

Yellowtail?  Gross.  I would rather burn anyways.  Get some of that Barefoot too while you're at it.  They come in the big bottles too.

I don't doubt that some folks can tell the difference.
But it more often than not seems to be luck.

Although arguing over wine is pretty low on my list.
Mainly because I know nothing about it.  ;)
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

RacerX

I refuse to argue; I just want to drink that shit—each sip is a direct insult to HIPSTER's hoitey-toitiness.
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

No argument here. It is what it is.
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

I'm presently drinking organically grown, artisanal water, built from hand-crafted Hydrogen and Oxygen molecules.
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

Ok this is a bit much.  I do have some big cube and sphere ice molds but ain't no way I'm buying that shit.  And what foes into my shaker is regular old bags of ice.  I used to just buy bags and put them into my ice maker to dispense since I didn't have it hooked up to water.

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/10/giant-ice-cubes-hipster-craft-cocktail
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

I have a tray that makes 6 giant cubes. I'm a put some up and enjoy tomorrow. It's fun to have a rocker glass with a giant ice cube to whirl around.

As to wine - we only drink Malbec cause I like Argentina. The $10 bottles are great and the $25 excellent. If you want to give someone a gift a $45 is a rare treat. We got a lot of wine in the basement.

Any wine benefits by air. As a test, pour one glass then decant the rest back and forth between two containers a dozen times or more -  you will improve any wine remarkably.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

deleted account

or, if you don't want to look like you were born in a barn, you can get one of these

MadJohnShaft

Yeah I've seen those - it seems difficult to run wine through that twice but it's remarkable how much a freshly poured glass of wine benefits with aeration - try it, it's a an interesting experiment I've done many times.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

Adam

While I don't have Funkwerks available to me anymore now that I moved, I at least have Prairie. Love this beer, Prairie Standard.

deleted account

Adam

No, Southern Kentucky. But Prairie is distributed here.

(as for Kentucky....one year deal for an internship. As soon as as my internship concludes, I am out)

RAGER

Fuckin shit!  BIG imperial Belgian.  Very West Coast @ 93 IBU and 9.6%.  A tad too sweet but I bought 2 so we'll see how the other one is.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Everything Alesmith does is top notch.  This one is no exception.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Picked up a few the other day at Belmont Station.

The Worthy was just ok.  The Green Flash was pretty good.  Not sure what I'll have tonight.

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Harpoon "the Long Thaw" - it's good. Weird, they carry some good beer at my little grocery store now. Bells, etc.

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.