Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Gotta track down some Bells.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Adam

Sixpoint's Beast Mode.

Not feeling this one at all. Wishing I hadn't bought a sixer of this, going to be a challenge getting through them all.

Ryno

Russian River -TION weekend happening now at my favorite beer bar in SD. 
So killer to get all of their beers in one place down here.
If a bear shits in the woods, should I have a cocktail?

Lumpy

I gotta stop buying Angry Orchard cider - it's just not very good. Or maybe I don't like cider, or maybe I don't understand what I'm drinking. But it seems impossible to find good cider. I think Magners on tap might be the best I've had - is that even possible?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

If you can have Finnriver send you some cider, try them.  It's some of the best I have ever had.  They're from out here on the Olympic Peninsula.
No Focus Pocus

khoomeizhi

i think i know why hardly anyone makes a good still cider - it's because it's easier to hide something kinda lackluster behind a wall of bubbles.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

Beta Cloud

Quote from: Lumpy on January 31, 2015, 06:13:11 PM
I gotta stop buying Angry Orchard cider - it's just not very good. Or maybe I don't like cider, or maybe I don't understand what I'm drinking. But it seems impossible to find good cider. I think Magners on tap might be the best I've had - is that even possible?
dude, you're in rochester right? i'm in buffalo and wegman's, (which i know is in rochester too), has this.

it's fantastic real brit pub cider. but expensive.

harpoon cider is also great.
why does it hurt when i pee?

Lumpy

I'm in Queens, but I'll look for your recommendations, thanks! Should be able to find both of those (somewhere).

Beta Cloud

Quote from: Lumpy on February 01, 2015, 03:29:26 AM
I'm in Queens, but I'll look for your recommendations, thanks! Should be able to find both of those (somewhere).

take the path train to jersey and get it all cheap! ha.
beside smith and harpoon, i have to mention 'bad seed IPC', a crazy good hopped cider.
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/bad-seed-ipc-india-pale-cider-reserve/173198/
if you can get it, get it! it's the antithesis to the sweet woodchuck/angry orchard stuff.

why does it hurt when i pee?

RAGER

Had me a real Ramos Gin Fizz the other day.

No Focus Pocus

Adam

Avery doesn't mess around with their big beers.

peoplething

and some king gizzard and the lizard wizard (thanks johnny)!
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

Adam

Another nice beer from Prairie here, Funky Gold Amarillo.

deleted account

that just looks like it would be good

Adam

It is. They did a Funky Gold Mosaic a few months back....and I definitely like this version more, personally. It certainly doesn't hurt that I am a sucker for amarillo hops. I think they might be overtaking nelson sauvin for my favorite hop variety these days.

Adam

Some more Prairie, their Apple Brandy Barrel Aged Noir. Another gem from Prairie.

RAGER

Sounds delish.

We hit a few breweries while in The Gorge earlier this week.  I'll be pretty much laying off the booze for the week probably.
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

I got a growler of my local brewery's cider - I think with cherries. I thought the last one was pretty good.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

Lumpy

Ginger tea... I've been mixing the store-bought kind (17 grams of sugar!) with a dose of grated fresh ginger, in a 20 oz glass.

alfie

Quote from: Lumpy on January 31, 2015, 06:13:11 PM

Trust me - Magners is not good, whether bottled or on tap. I remember being in America last century it was impossible to find decent draught cider, but I'm sure there must be a decent bottled supply by now? Westons, Thatchers etc?
Are you morbid?

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

deleted account

you don't drink soup, you eat it

RacerX

Miso in a cup w/ no spoon = drinking.
Livin' The Life.

deleted account

you can put water in a bowl and use a spoon to transfer it to your mouth, but you're still drinking it because you don't eat water, you drink it