What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

Sixpoint Sparkler. I seem to like everything I try from Sixpoint. I get stock pics from the internet so you guys don't mock my glassware (it's usually ball jars).

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

kokojones

Had a couple of Ti Punches with Neisson blanc agricole rhum. Finishing this evening with a generous pour of Pusser's rum in the glass neat.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

kokojones

Foursquare 2007 Barbados rum.  Blended (distillates from column and pot stills) single (single estate/distillery origin).  Caribbean-aged 12 years in typical ex-bourbon casks.  No funny finish or secondary aging in ex-wine or sherry barrels.  Benchmark Bajan rum that sets the bar pretty fucking high.  For sipping lately, it's been mostly this or the Chairman's Reserve Lost Cask from St Lucia. 

RAGER

I gotta find some of these rums. Going somewhere tropical in a few months. Gotta start training.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Quote from: RAGER on September 27, 2019, 09:46:54 AM
I gotta find some of these rums. Going somewhere tropical in a few months. Gotta start training.
be careful of the mini bar in your hotel room. Lots of people dying from them in tropical locations.

RAGER

Hotel room you say?  Nah. Fukn condo yo. Beachfront.
No Focus Pocus

kokojones

Quote from: RAGER on September 27, 2019, 09:46:54 AM

What do you like most and what island are you visiting? 

RAGER

There's not much I don't like. I'm discerning but not in the normal sense. We'll be on Maui.
No Focus Pocus

kokojones

Quote from: RAGER on September 28, 2019, 10:23:59 AM
There's not much I don't like. I'm discerning but not in the normal sense. We'll be on Maui.

https://www.kohanarum.com/home
Grown and distilled on Oahu, but definitely grab a few bottles if you find them.  I've heard great reviews and they don't have much distribution on the mainland yet.

Also, this:
http://amazon.com/dp/B078LGKLPC/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdb_t1_ShdKDbB90P2F5

kokojones

http://thefatrumpirate.com/veritas-white-blended-rum-from-coffey-still-and-pot-still

Probitas (labeled as Veritas in EU) blended rum from the Coffey Column still and Pot Still at Foursquare and the Double Retort Pot Still rum at Hampden Estate, in Jamaica.  Bottled at 47% ABV.

Makes a killer daiquiri.

RAGER

Last year in Hawaii we drank Koloa white and dark rums. It was ok.

I got bored at work today so I went to the liquor store. I bought some Foursquare something (nothing expensive) and bought some R.L. Seale 10 year. That might be good.

Also got some Bulleit bourbon and Four Roses single barrel. Winter is coming.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Bloody marys and laaz rockit

RAGER

Right on. Bloodies and some old school thrash.
No Focus Pocus

kokojones

Quote from: RAGER on October 07, 2019, 09:41:06 PM

Whoa! I've never seen that FS spiced rum or any other of their bottlings in that style of bottle before.  What did you think of it and the Seale 10 yr in the funny bottle?

I recently picked up a few bottles of a particularly exceptional clairin, and I blew the rest of my money this month on a few bottles of some fancy-pants and increasingly-rare Armagnac.  Been on a big eau de vie kick lately, and that clairin may as well be sugar cane grass EDV. 

RAGER

Both are sippable but the seale being the preferred for neat or even an old fashioned. The spiced make a nice little winter warmer with ginger simple, cranberry, and soda on the rocks.

Ben hanging on the this bottle of Txakolina since summer so we said fuck it.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Oh nothing.  Just a 2015 Panil Raphael oak aged red ale.

No Focus Pocus

sleestak

Do you ever try to suck your own dick?
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

sleestak

Killing threads is my business and business is good.

RAGER

If you were serious you'd have some ribs removed but obviously you're not.
No Focus Pocus

lftwng4

kokojones

some super fucking stellar Haitian sugar cane grass moonshine from a dude farming his family plot of 10 hectares of various cane varietals.

Jesus Christ I can feel the white girl problems just oozing out of my T-zone pores as I even dare to think that sentence.

Distillate is pure gold.  Fuck me for FedEx'ing 4 bottles of it to my door.