What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

I found Three Floyds Gumballhead at my neighborhood grocery store, I had to get it. I tend to buy beer in the can when available, because I carry my groceries home.

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

People were on diets in 1806? 

Learn something every day.
No Focus Pocus

lftwng4

Quote from: Lumpy on October 01, 2020, 02:33:30 PM
I found Three Floyds Gumballhead at my neighborhood grocery store, I had to get it. I tend to buy beer in the can when available, because I carry my groceries home.

GumballHead is probably my favorite beer.  It's just nice and easy to drink, and a reasonable alcohol level so I don't fall down after a few.
Available in a can is just a great bonus.
I bought a bunch of art off the artist, Rob Syers, off of Etsy.  It's very affordable, and I love his attitude and the comics.

RAGER

I've had some Three Floyds but not tat one. A bottle shop. Frequent is getting in some Other Half from Brooklyn. Supposed to be good shit.
No Focus Pocus

sleestak

Wife arrived with this today.   Super sweet stevia taste, no ginger taste at all.  Just clear root beer.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

RAGER

Happy Orval day. A day in advance.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

i prefer beer in a can. i once split my mouth wide open while hammered on new years eve with a glass bottle.
we had labatts without twist off caps and no one had a bottle opener or lighter. i tried to pry it off by hitting it against part of a electrical pole we were near waiting for the bus. the bottle immediately foamed over and i couldnt see the opening. i jammed it to my mouth to drink it quick while it was foaming over and blam, i broke half the neck off the bottle and cut the fuck out of my face.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

I was told beer in a can is superior because no degradation due to light exposure. Something like that.

mortlock

i got a thing about green bottled beer for the same reason. some people claim it makes no diff but im pretty sure it does. ive never had skunky beer out of anything but green bottled beer. the only green bottles im into are molsons.
you want to talk canadian beer. my all time fav is o'keefe.

RAGER

I like the green bottle skunk. Got some Chang in the fridge right now.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Corona doesn't even care. Brown has more protection than green. I dunno if it's UV rays or what. TB from Kung Pao told me that cans are a good way to package beer, he was working at Brooklyn Brewery at the time.

RAGER

I still have a couple cans of Other Half Brewery.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

I buy cans firstly, bottles if I have to.

Lovely if a little light/not very tangy but balanced and friendly Sour from Dogfish. I usually don't drink their beers but the can grabbed my attention. Good to have on hand. Will re-buy.

RAGER

That's like a grisette or gose.
No Focus Pocus

renfield

I grab a sixxer of that on occasion. You can drink it throughout the day.

RAGER

Had this the other night. Been hanging onto this one for a while.

Brewed about 10 years and then sat in a barrel for quite the while.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Nice. Clink clink.

Succumbed to the Pumpkin razz-ma-tazz because this one said Habanero. Typcial thin mouthfeel of this brewery and thin on flavor sadly. In a way I guess that's good though since it's not overly flavored, syrupy and leaves no dreaded flavoring aftertaste.

RAGER

Bees knees with Pernod and an Aviation cocktail.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Way to sophisticated for average folk.

RAGER

Double strained. No ice chips in my cocktails. And don't forget the fucking garnish.

I've had bartenders ask me that. So I say " are you gonna knock $5 off?"

They add the garnish.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Dusted off some old bottles.

What am I having?  The citrus is lime.

No Focus Pocus

socket

Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

renfield

Got a bottle of Glenfiddich 12 because they didn't have my preference and I'm on shopping restriction due to the plague. Kind of a crap scotch to be honest with you. I like the peatier stuff

RAGER

Ok if you won't guess, I'm having a Singapore Sling in the wrong glass with the wrong type of ice.

I've never been a huge fan of scotch. I may have to revisit.
No Focus Pocus