What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pissy

There is now a war between band names and beer names and Wizard Nebula has drawn first blood.
Vinyls.   deal.

jimjom

This is literally one of the worst alcohol-related decisions I've ever made in my life.
I'm Red Jr.  Who are you?

RAGER

Dude!  What the hell were you thinking? 
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Got a growler filled with Little Harpeth Deer Crossing.  Out of Nashville. 

https://littleharpeth.com/pages/beers#
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Ah. A saaz lagered beer. I can taste it from here. Yum.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

That's the Chicken Scratch.  This was down the page with saphir hops.

It's pretty good.  Buttery nose that isn't in the sip.  10.49 for the 64oz growler during happy hour at the grocery store.  A standard six pack of Modelo is $10 here.  I'd drink it again. 

May go to Watauga next week see what they have.
Vinyls.   deal.

mortlock

help me out with a good whisky selection. nothing sweet. high end stuff only.

RAGER

Whiskey is such a rabbit hole to go down. There are so many brands, sub brands, off shoots, special releases. It's ridiculous. Here's a few I like. Not necessarily high end but not well either.

Four Roses small batch
Colonel E.H. Taylor
Bulleit
Elijah Craig.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Alchemist shipped a bunch of beer out here so. Grabbed several Four packs at $24 each. I fall for it every time.

No Focus Pocus

Pissy

There's directions on it.  Yet you didn't follow them.
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Fuck that. I like my drinks in glassware.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

okay so doing some research on whiskey top shelf! Had zero intention other than window-shopping. Def $$$ but interesting and I'm mighty thankful for it.

15 year Cadboll. I don't recall having been a fan of Glenmorangie but the heck I sure am now! of this one. Came recommended and after a wee snifter of it, so far, it's goooood. Let me try it now without the addition of water (I had just a drop or two in, no harm). /resume testing....

paired with

RAGER

This was pretty delicious the other night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Delicious as always.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Not bad. Black currant saison.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

hmm, that's a beautiful hue in that pour.

mortlock

Quote from: RAGER on November 23, 2021, 09:57:41 AM
Whiskey is such a rabbit hole to go down. There are so many brands, sub brands, off shoots, special releases. It's ridiculous. Here's a few I like. Not necessarily high end but not well either.

Four Roses small batch
Colonel E.H. Taylor
Bulleit
Elijah Craig.
that eh taylor come in some expensive variations.
  https://therarewhiskeyshop.com/products/colonel-e-h-taylor-sour-mash-bourbon-750ml?currency=USD&variant=14112600522804&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping

RAGER

Quote from: mortlock on January 01, 2022, 09:15:07 PM
Quote from: RAGER on November 23, 2021, 09:57:41 AM

Four Roses small batch
Colonel E.H. Taylor
Bulleit
Elijah Craig.
that eh taylor come in some expensive variations.
  https://therarewhiskeyshop.com/products/colonel-e-h-taylor-sour-mash-bourbon-750ml?currency=USD&variant=14112600522804&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping

Whiskey prices are stupid. I don't know enough or keep up to know if it's worth it or not so I just assume it's not. It's just bragging at that price point.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Here's what I'm not drinking but the wife is. She had this delivered. What a fucking rip off. We're doing dry January so I know she's just trying to help but I can make pretty good mocktails. I doubt she buys it again. It's barely flavored distilled water. They even short you 50 ml.

And the fact that much of the price of booze is tax by state liquor boards. So by that measure this shit should be about $5 and I wouldn't even pay that.

https://www.seedlipdrinks.com/en-us/shop/seedlip-grove-42/?&wickedsource=google&wickedid=EAIaIQobChMI-ebamuyi9QIVLx6tBh1bDQwYEAQYASABEgIHWvD_BwE&wickedid=460874987480&wv=3.1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-ebamuyi9QIVLx6tBh1bDQwYEAQYASABEgIHWvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Wife finally conceded that it wasn't a wise purchase.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Went to Founders in Grand Rapids last night.  Had their solid gold lager. I could get a case of cans there if I wanted.

I don't think I do.
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Took some of f these out to the coast with us.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Made this blood orange margarita the other day.

And then yesterday a bartender friend made a drink I've never had but heard the name. Had no idea what was in it but thought rum. Nope.

1 1/2 oz. Angostura bitters. What!?!?!  Yep.
1oz. Rye
1oz. Orgeat
3/4 oz. Lemon

Shake, double strain. Serve up in a chilled coupe. No garnish necessary.

I took a sip before the pic.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

ill be damned. i had no idea this was even in the r & d phase let alone available. i will be seeking this out and reporting back.
it pairs perfectly with a red hot according to the can.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus