What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muffin Man

They say barely sweet, hmm, interesting to contemplate (6%) because its full-on Bing cherry at opening and has all the impact of full on sweet but maybe its a trick on the pallete? Is it sweet, or barely, I can't tell. Nice flavor. Real good sipper. Kinda cool aidy so fun for picnics.

"Washington apples blended with sweet dark Bing cherries. Slightly tart, barely sweet with fresh cherry flavor.
GLUTEN FREE
OFF-DRY
6.0% ABV

AWARDS
    silver, glintcap 2019
    bronze, glintcap 2018
    bronze, washington brewers choice awards 2018
    bronze, glintcap 2017
    bronze, seattle wine awards 2016
    silver, glintcap 2016
    silver, world beer championships 2015
    gold, best of the northwest sip magazine 2015

https://www.locustcider.com/products/ciders/dark-cherry/

RAGER

Looks like it'd be sweet. Wife had a nice farmhouse cider the other day from Baird and Dewar. Outstanding.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Tamarind whiskey ginger smash.

Whiskey
Lime juice
Palm sugar simple
Tamarind
Mint leaves
Ginger beer
Lemon twist.

Guzzle.

No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Lemon twist or lemon zest?  I guess you probably got both there.  It's like a Mule Julep.
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Twist only. The rest of the zest went into this sesame tofu pork long bean dish.

No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Is that the spare fridge back there in the drink pic?  Spare fridge seem to get opened more often than the main fridge in my house. 
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Yep. That's fridge #2. #3 is downstairs.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

no fresh hop at the beer cave today but this is kinda close and its good, fresh and local.

https://kulshanbrewing.com/bastard-kat

Bastard Kat
India Pale Ale

MALT: 2-Row, Munich
HOPS: Apollo, Cascade, Centennial, Chinook
IBU: 70
ABV: 6.6 %
SEE: Light Gold with Soft White Head
SMELL: Light Pine, Citrus, Light Orange Zest
TASTE: Slight Sappy Pine, resin, Citrus

A quintessential West Coast IPA, Bastard Kat is well balanced and boldly hopped. Strong citrus and pine aromas are backed by floral and fruity undertones, while grapefruit and pine add a refreshing boost to the palate. The bitterness is balanced and clean with a pleasant, resinous finish.

SILVER - 2017 Australian International Beer Awards
    SILVER - 2016 Australian International Beer Awards

mortlock

'Strong citrus and pine aromas are backed by floral and fruity undertones'.

this is not the language i would consider to be describing a good beer.

RAGER

More fresh hops for me again though the season is coming to an end. Think I'll pull the reigns and go fairly straight and narrow until thanksgiving. I've had more than my fair share.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

RAGER

Mimosas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

mister high society over here.

renfield

we were gifted a bottle of sazerac rye for christmas, so i got all the stuff (we have ouzo that i used instead of absinthe) and now i'm an alcoholic again

RAGER

Welcome back.

We're kinda doing gentle January. Wife's Friday today so we might have a drink later. We'll see. Really wanted a beer yesterday but I kept busy.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Quote from: renfield on January 22, 2023, 12:29:46 PM
we were gifted a bottle of sazerac rye for christmas, so i got all the stuff (we have ouzo that i used instead of absinthe) and now i'm an alcoholic again
welcome back.

mortlock

genesee spring bock is back. great batch this year.

James1214

Been building up the bar, and digging into recipes. Trying to get my cocktail game nice and strong.

Found a drink today called a White Lady which is Gin, Triple Sec (I actually only have cointreau currently... Same shit) and lemon juice. It's pretty fuckin fantastic, even if the name is dumb.

Also really into some tiki drinks and Classic punches.

Came across a killer recipe called the Yuletidal Wave that I made over the holidays. Had to make my own allspice dram. Which was a fun, albeit lengthy, process. Here's that recipe.

Yuletidal Wave:

3/4 oz Rum (Demerara is best)
3/4 oz Bourbon Whiskey
3/4 oz Cognac
3/4 oz Pear Liqueur
1/2 oz Licor 43
1/4 oz Allspice Dram
2 oz Pineapple Juice
1 oz Lemon Juice
1/4 oz Semi-Rich Simple Syrup (1.5:1)
2 dashes Angostura Bitters
Grated Nutmeg to garnish

Assemble in tin, shake and double strain, grate nutmeg for garnish.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
words

RAGER

My go to favorite drink is close to the White Lad. The Bees Knees. Gin, honey simple, fresh lemon juice. Shake and double strain in a coupe or Nick and Nora that's been rinsed with Absinthe or Pernod.

I also love Tiki drinks. Making my own orgeat has been on my to do for a while now.

I've got to do some bloodwork and a couple Dr. visits so I've been really good lately. Once I know things are ok imma hit the liquor store and drop about $300+ to replenish.
No Focus Pocus

James1214

I make my own orgeat as well. I use the serious eats recipe and it's pretty phenomenal.

https://www.seriouseats.com/how-to-make-orgeat-recipe-almond-syrup-for-cocktails

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
words

Muffin Man

I kept it simple but a new find - Kettle One rocks with Angostura bitters. Of course I need to explore bitters, but bartender asked lemon or lime with that? Those work fine. So I tried bitters. Bingo! Something about K1. Yes, you have to get over the fact that's its basically gasoline. But, yeah.